• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppersbymail vs. Pepperjoe

Hey mah dudes! I am curious about where I should buy my seeds from for the upcoming season. I was looking at pepperhead.com pepperjoe.com and peppersbymail.com. Which one do you think sells the best seeds? I was thinking about buying the Seed Germination Accelerator and Giant White Hab seeds from pepperhead.com, Naga Viper seeds from pepperjoe.com, and Chocolate Carolina Reaper and Chocolate Bhutlah seeds from peppersbymail.com.

I have no experience with Pepperhead at all. I have no direct experience with Pepperjoe, but I have been told by multiple sources that the business ain't what it used to be. And that the seeds growing true is a crap shoot. But, like I said, I have nothing empirical to add. Maybe Pepperjoe is rad and I've just heard some negative rumors...

Now, I have ordered both pods and seeds from Peppersbymail. Repeat customer here, and I will definitely order again. Product was great, but more important to me, the owner is THP's own AJDrew. If you're not familiar, AJDrew is extremely active here. He is always willing to give advice, offer insight, etc... And, even in the dead of the North American off season when traffic on THP slows down, he tries to keep the discussion going by posting a lot of threads looking for other growers' opinions and perspectives on various chile topics. I seem to recall ordering seeds from him because he was doing something charitable with the proceeds--I forget the details--but I wanted to support that, and when I got the seeds, he'd tossed in some generous freebies and a handwritten note.

Like I said, I never ordered from the other two outfits, and maybe they're great. I'll let the other members weigh in on those. But peppersbymail offers good seeds at great prices, & fast shipping if they're not snowed-in... And your order will support a family owned and run business, headed up by a guy who is truly dedicated to the Chile Lifestyle. I don't know if that means a lot to you, but it matters to me. Which is why I can't say enough good shit about the business.

Good luck...

I have ordered both seeds and pods from Peppers by Mail, and I have always been very happy with what I received. I absolutely recommend buying from PBM. 

I have never ordered anything from the other 2 sites, but if you check Pepper Joe's threads in the Vendor Vault, you will find that their customer feedback is a bit...mixed. Some complaints about seeds not growing true.

Incidentally, White Hot Peppers has Naga Viper seeds in stock now. That site is also run by a respected THP member. IMO, that would be a better option than getting them from Pepper Joe. 

BlackFatalii said:
I have ordered both seeds and pods from Peppers by Mail, and I have always been very happy with what I received. I absolutely recommend buying from PBM. 

I have never ordered anything from the other 2 sites, but if you check Pepper Joe's threads in the Vendor Vault, you will find that their customer feedback is a bit...mixed. Some complaints about seeds not growing true.

Incidentally, White Hot Peppers has Naga Viper seeds in stock now. That site is also run by a respected THP member. IMO, that would be a better option than getting them from Pepper Joe. 

Absolutely gotta second the referral to White Hop Peppers. I haven´t actually grown anything I´ve bought from WHP yet, but Justin (jcw10tc) definitely hooks up nicely packed seeds, with a generous helping of freebies and his site is loaded with really nice pics.  Even better are some of the pics in his older GLOGs here on THP...

Maybe i´m just a sucker for buying from vendors who also post on THP, but it is good to get a sense of who they are, why they´re into this hobby/business, and where their head is at as far as interacting with the Chilehead community....

my experience with pepperjoe is very good.  i bought atomic starfish seed from pepperjoe.com.   
here is the result:

24946266657_07ac553306_c.jpg

28037817119_b01e969b2a_c.jpg

24946267857_2d4f72a580_c.jpg

If we're throwing in everything, I'll 2nd Hippy Seed Co.

They're my go-to seed supplier, being from Oz takes out the customs worries when ordering! And their service is great, as is their huge range of stock, and never had any issue with them at all!

Back