• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2018 grow log

D3monic said:
Very nice list Peter, wife insisted I grow the blue xmas again this year for ornamentals in the front yard. Can't wait to see how that cross of yours looks. 
I love the Blue Christmas. I grew two on my deck last season in nice pots just for ornamental purpose. Of course I tried them as well, I thought they were a bit bitter though. Growing them again this year for sure.

I just put this together last night. Still need to setup everything up in it. It's Apollo Horticulture 48"x48"x80".

HJjSaokh.jpg

Nice grow tent, Peter, should work very well for you...

If you are looking for a cool ornamental, might I suggest
Chili Costa Rica?  Meter-tall dark purple plants with clusters
of erect, grape-sized black pods that turn bright red when
ripening.  Similar to a Black Pearl, although much more showy.
_DSC2360.JPG

_DSC1590.JPG

_DSC2472.JPG

I promise not to clog your glog anymore!

PaulG said:
Nice grow tent, Peter, should work very well for you...

If you are looking for a cool ornamental, might I suggest
Chili Costa Rica?  Meter-tall dark purple plants with clusters
of erect, grape-sized black pods that turn bright red when
ripening.  Similar to a Black Pearl, although much more showy.

I promise not to clog your glog anymore!
Clog as much as you like! lol. That plant is beautiful. Thanks for sharing that Paul.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to follow your grow on Youtube again this year. I like your seed selection; lots of interesting varieties that I'm looking forward to seeing in your reviews! 

D3monic said:
Really pretty, how do they taste? My dad grew black pearl. Was terrible tasting. 
As a straight pepper, like most ornamentals - bitter to me, not juicy at all.  
Lots of seeds.  But, like Black Pearl, they make great pizza flakes and
powder that is great for blending.

Forgot to mention their productivity - lots of bunches of pods.

Peppers at my office. Right is one I call Chocolate Bomb. Was supposed to be Mustard Lightning Hab. Turned out these really hot brown blobby pods. The other is MOA SB.

lmAQoBkl.jpg

D3's Hogsweed sprouts
pl32eaql.jpg

At home I saved a few of the extras and put them in separate containers.

WTjfGeGl.jpg

I re-did two habs that were in wick setups, and set them up or Kratky growing. One has been getting Dyna-gro 7-9-8, and the other Masterblend. I'm keeping them in their respective nutes for comparison. So far the Masterblend seems to be doing better overall. I gave them a good pruning before transfer, but left the roots intact.

BfUGYztl.jpg

rsJ9wQsl.jpg

87Uo1LGl.jpg

VWxBz8ll.jpg

DoFuThZl.jpg

Back