• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sboustani's 2018 Grow Log

Enjoyed growing alot last season, learned alot from my mistakes as we all do. Ordered some new seeds, and using some seeds I saved from last years grow.

I have one from last year it was a plant I order online, it was suppose to be a white ghost, but pods shaped and end color were not. It also was way hotter than my regular red ghosts, I saved seeds from the phenotype I liked, can't wait to see what variations it throws out this year. 

Anyways here is my grow list

1/7 Started

White Ghost *hybrid of some sort*

Red Ghost 

Chocolate Ghost 

Hayden's Ghost 

Chocolate Habanero 

Scotch Bonnet 

Red Savina 

Red Scorpion 

White 7pod 

Carolina Reaper 

Yellow Scorpion 

Orange 7pod 

Pumpkin Habanero 

Giant White Habanero 

Super Bell 

Purple Bell 

Mystery *these were seeds that were at the bottom of my food dehydrator, and I figured it would be fun to save them and plant them without knowing what they were*

Jumbo Jalapeno 

First one I have had with 3 cotyledons 

This is the white ghost pepper hybrid, I saved seeds from, I like this shape.

Just a little update, had to move them to bigger containers. 

Hopefully these will be big enough for the next 6-8 weeks, until I get them planted outdoors. I still have to figure out what to do with so many plants lol, I may try a raised bed and some in containers this year.

Big thanks to 

Thegreenchilemonster

He sent me some seeds, I started them last night. Got some Pubes this should be cool!

Aji Largo
Aji Arnaucho
Trinidad Cherry
Mini Rocoto
Rocoto
Peach Ghost

bpiela said:
Did the Mystery seeds pop yet?

Yes they did, I put about 6 seeds in each little jiffy pod, only 1 sprouted in each four jiffy pods pretty low germination lol but the ones that did pop look healthy. 2 look to be annuum's they are pretty tall, other two are short like chinense.

Chilidude said:
I think you have enough of those led growing lights. :rolleyes:

I was gonna buy 3 more for the other side lol, just kidding but you think that I have to many? I was trying to make sure I had enough to cover them...with the two it seemed like some areas were not getting enough light and they started to grow towards the light which made them look funny.

sboustani2023 said:

I was gonna buy 3 more for the other side lol, just kidding but you think that I have to many? I was trying to make sure I had enough to cover them...with the two it seemed like some areas were not getting enough light and they started to grow towards the light which made them look funny.

Not too many, but maybe you have them too close to the plants. Rise them all up for maybe 20-30cm,because you have more than enough power to do that and all of the plants will start getting that light without blind spots.

Chilidude said:

Not too many, but maybe you have them too close to the plants. Rise them all up for maybe 20-30cm and all of the plants will start getting that light without blind spots.

Alright Ill move them up some tonight, thank you!

Plants are looking good, thanks Chilidude on the light recommendation I noticed some burn damage on some of the plants, moved the lights up and they are growing good now :)

One of my scotch bonnets has little buds on it right now, and im starting to wonder if it was crossed with a gold baccatum. It was next to my bonnet all last season. The reason I think that is because the buds on it dont look like the scotch bonnet buds I had last year, they usually are alot wider stocky and you can see the flower petals, these look like the gold baccatum buds but not quite the same. They have four pointy things coming out from the calyx and the petal is hidden down in it which is similar to the gold baccatum but the buds are bigger than usual for the gold baccatum. I know it's to early to tell just something I noticed, I guess ill find out when I get fruit lol. I am about 98% sure I didn't label or mix up the seeds when I was drying them.

Also all the extra seeds I got sprouted!

Also might be starting a project this weekend, thinking about doing three 3x8 raised garden beds this year because I may have planted all these seeds and not thought ahead as to what im gonna do when I bring them outside lol.

Alright I have around 6 more weeks until I can move them outside. Looking for help with them, can I leave them to grow like this or should I trim them up some?

My Scotch Bonnet that I think is crossed with a Gold Baccatum has its first pepper! excited to see if im right about it being crossed, looking at the calyx you will see little horns/teeth coming out from it like the baccatum I grew and the calyx shape is similar to the bonnet but not quite the same as last season. 

Grow bed project coming soon, hopefully this sunday!

Small picture update, I'm pretty positive that my Red Scotch Bonnet is crossed with a gold baccatum which is cool by me because I tried to cross them myself and it didn't take lol. The seeds we're saved from the bonnet. The pod shape is like the gold baccatum but thicker than the usual immature pods. I'm excited to try this and will probably try and grow some F2's this season as well! Both plants were my top producers last year and this thing already has tons of buds and flowers all over.

I'm over run with plants, last frost day needs to hurry up! I have a few plants with peppers on them, one of my ghosts, hybrid, and one of the mystery peppers from my dehydrator. Decided to try some pics without the led glow on everything lol.

Mystery Pepper, not sure what this one is, the only thing I grew last season like this was Tabasco and I didn't dry many of these, also the didn't grow like this they were pointing up.

Ghost pepper

Scotch Bonnet x Aji Gold F1, has about 5 peppers on it now, all about the same shape. Hopefully this ripens fast so I can start F2 this season as well.

Back