• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CCN Aleppo pepper

Has anyone tried these and did they appear to be true?
https://www.chileplants.com/search.aspx?ProductCode=CHIALE

Im changing things up a tiny bit this year and im full up on what i can start from seeds. So ive got a bunch of milder peppers plants on my CCN wish list. Im trying a few of the mildish types too like the Trinidad Perfume, Brazilian Starfish and Aji Dulce #1

On a side note i cant believe they are not going to offer the Biker Billy this year... :censored:

I love Aleppo peppers.

Great size, med wall thickness, perfect HEAT for salsa, pizza flakes...etc.

Use like salt and pepper.

I would check with them to determine what type of aleppo exactly it is. The aleppos I grew last year were the true syrian variety. There is also an aleppo 37 variety. I isolated all my plants last year for seed stock. If you're interested, I can send you some seeds. The fresh pods are ok but the dried flakes is where it's at. Aleppo is my favorite pepper. I use the flakes on a ton of stuff.

Yeah, i want the Aleppo just for powder. Much easier to control quality on my end considering the conditions in that region. Nearly all of the imports are now from Turkey.

I know Burpee offers them but the price is high unless i luck out and Lowes or HD has them. Both carry Burpee or Bonnie plants but the Biker Billy has been really hit or miss. I know ive seen them there before but not the last year for sure.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Yeah, i want the Aleppo just for powder. Much easier to control quality on my end considering the conditions in that region. Nearly all of the imports are now from Turkey.

I know Burpee offers them but the price is high unless i luck out and Lowes or HD has them. Both carry Burpee or Bonnie plants but the Biker Billy has been really hit or miss. I know ive seen them there before but not the last year for sure.
My Aleppos did really well in the hot summer we had last year. PM me if you want some seeds.

Back