• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2018 glog

Cheers all. :welcome:
Here we go again.

Been selecting for a while....
selecting25012018.jpg

and finally sowed a few.
sowed25012018.jpg

The annums:
  - Kapija paprika
  - Yellow paprika Alpina
  - sweet (cayenne looking) peppers
  - Cherry Bomb
  - Jalapeno
  - Pequin
  - Cayenne Golden

The pubescens:
  - Manzano
  - Rocoto

The baccatum:
  - Lemon Drop

The chinenses:
  - Aji Umba
  - Bhut Jolokia
  - Bonda ma Jacques
  - Chupetinho
  - Habanero Chocolate
  - Habanero Orange
  - Habanero Caribbean Red
  - Habanero White
  - MoA Scotch Bonnet

Now the waiting game begins. :rofl:

Good old lemon drop, it might even do crop in the north pole. You may also like to try Naga morich and Petenero, two of my regular chilis to grow every year. I can also see Bonda ma Jacques in your list that i have grown maybe two season ago and it is very good tasting very hot chili, also makes very large crops if you make it happy. Another good producer is the hot paper lantern and the taste is good too.

TrentL said:
Good luck, great selection, too!

Thanks Trent! Tried to cut back a little because last year I had almost no time to tend for the plants but luckily they produced well. I was just picking from my seed collection, otherwise I would just plant a lot more I could manage. :)

stickman said:
A diverse but manageable list Uros... good job! Best of luck in 2018. :)
Thank you Rick. Maybe I'll even try some of those ferts you wrote about last season. Hopefully will find the time to go some store searching.

Genetikx said:
Awesome list, good luck getting them going
Thanks Ryan, will try for sure.

Chilidude said:
Good old lemon drop, it might even do crop in the north pole. You may also like to try Naga morich and Petenero, two of my regular chilis to grow every year. I can also see Bonda ma Jacques in your list that i have grown maybe two season ago and it is very good tasting very hot chili, also makes very large crops if you make it happy. Another good producer is the hot paper lantern and the taste is good too.
Thanks Janne. What is it like growing chilis in Finland. I guess you need a greenhouse or just doing it indoor.
Hot paper lentern is really good, tried it already and Bonda is one of my favourites (last year didnt grow at all) and I hope it will grow well this year.

tsurrie said:
Thanks Janne. What is it like growing chilis in Finland. I guess you need a greenhouse or just doing it indoor.
Hot paper lentern is really good, tried it already and Bonda is one of my favourites (last year didnt grow at all) and I hope it will grow well this year.

A challenge to grow depending how crappy the summer is, but either way you need a greenhouse to have any success in our weather as the season is quite short. The key in our short summer is to start growing chilis inside the house early as you can.

Ohjay said:
Good selection, just missing a superhot or two  :onfire:  :D

Best of luck on your grow!
Thank you Oscar. Bhut Jolokia is more than enough for me and for makind sauces also. Habanero Chocolate is quite got too. Also have half of the freezer of frozen brain strains and such. Enough is enough :)

Chilidude said:

A challenge to grow depending how crappy the summer is, but either way you need a greenhouse to have any success in our weather as the season is quite short. The key in our short summer is to start growing chilis inside the house early as you can.
I was briefly traveling through Finland one time and we camped out by the road in the middle of the summer. It was 0°C during the night. Talking about summer nights.
I also have to start the peppers during the winter, so I can put them out in May. So very much like up there, but a bit less extreme.

stettoman said:
Good wishes on your 2018 season! You have a nice list, I only hope to have that kind of restraint when I start mine in March...Part of me wants to grow everything!!
Thank you Eric. I had at least one time larger list, but managed to restrain. Hopefully I wont plant all of them later. I know what you mean, I have that similar part :):)

Essegi said:
Good luck, nice balanced list! ;)
Thank you Giancarlo. Hopefully all varieties will sprout.

tsurrie said:
I was briefly traveling through Finland one time and we camped out by the road in the middle of the summer. It was 0°C during the night. Talking about summer nights.
I also have to start the peppers during the winter, so I can put them out in May. So very much like up there, but a bit less extreme.

Last summer was something special in a long time, usually it is pretty warm in the late summer nights, like 15-20 degrees of celcius. I read that similar kind cold summer was in 1987.

Back