• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dooms Day Clock

So the doomsday clock has been moved forward again.  It is now as close to midnight as it has ever been.  The only time it was closer was during the cold war when some negotiations broke down.  I know it is just symbolic, but really smart people are in charge of the thing.  A whole panel of really smart people in fact.  The CDC is either planning or already did a nation update on how to survive nuclear attack.  They are holding practice emergency drills again, just like in the fifties.  Its duck and cover everywhere in the government.

Seems like nobody is paying attention.  Me, well it scares me.  I grew up during the cold war.  Not what I want for my kids.  If they duck and cover, it ought to be because there is a tornado warning.  Anyone else feel the same?

"but really smart people are in charge of the thing.  A whole panel of really smart people in fact."
Im speechless  :shocked: 

​Look at the Oceans, they used to be the prime source of Oxygen for this planet.

Ohhhh shit!
Based on the current global climate I can see this being a real thing. I just read a bunch of information on the Internet and am a little bit worried. I couldn't find any positive date the destruction will take place, but would appreciate any insight anyone has.
I just got tickets for Slayers farewell tour and the opening bands are Behemoth, Testament, Anthrax and Lamb of God. I'll be completely pissed if I wasted the money and am unable to enjoy the show.

http://youtu.be/9qbRHY1l0vc

My wish is, that the world leaders in the near future would come to some kind of mutual agreement about this whole threat of nuclear war and start working together for a brighter future for us all. :thumbsup:

Chilidude said:
My wish is, that the world leaders in the near future would come to some kind of mutual agreement about this whole threat of nuclear war and start working together for a brighter future for us all. :thumbsup:

Not while there's still money to be made amidst the panic. ;)

Back