25 replies to this topic

#21 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,962 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

It's 5x3. Really just need to cover a 2x4 area like the t5. Do you have to build a case or something for the folux? Looks like they are just circut boards, I'm a little to much of a bull in a china shop for that lol

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 PexPeppers

PexPeppers

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  • aka:son

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

It's 5x3. Really just need to cover a 2x4 area like the t5. Do you have to build a case or something for the folux? Looks like they are just circut boards, I'm a little to much of a bull in a china shop for that lol

a 2x4 area would easily be covered by that configuration. You dont have to build a case for them. they are boards mounted onto heatsinks with waterproof power supplies that you set on top of the heatsinks or remotely mount

#23 WichitaChief

WichitaChief

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Pex, emailed back and forth with Dan on the Folux site and was pleased with his help. I think I will try the same setup like you are using and see how I like them. It's like anything else. You have to have something in your hands to try and understand how it works in your own usage.

#24 Walshman24

Walshman24

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Great thread!

PexPeppers - Do you have a preference between your COB configuration and your Folux boards?

#25 PexPeppers

PexPeppers

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  • aka:son

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Great thread!

PexPeppers - Do you have a preference between your COB configuration and your Folux boards?

definitely the Folux boards. they are WAY more efficient with the LED being around 190+lm/w and the board efficacy being ~170lm/w. compare that to my old Citizen CLU048-1212 4000K cobs (ran @ 33w ea) which were around 130 lm/w. Not only that but the Folux boards cover more area! I'm also working with other surface mount monocolor LED to enhance the spectrum as I see fit. 

#26 Walshman24

Walshman24

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

definitely the Folux boards. they are WAY more efficient with the LED being around 190+lm/w and the board efficacy being ~170lm/w. compare that to my old Citizen CLU048-1212 4000K cobs (ran @ 33w ea) which were around 130 lm/w. Not only that but the Folux boards cover more area! I'm also working with other surface mount monocolor LED to enhance the spectrum as I see fit. 

Thank you - Excellent information!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LED, Blue LED, Red LED, Blurple, White LED, Fixture, Lamp, Light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests