• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Indoor closet lighting decision... Pick 1

That 300w led growing light seem awfully cheap for what it is, but the review are pretty good. I have one similar looking 100w led growing light using those kind of round lenses to cover the leds and my light works just great. It doest cover a whole lot of ground, because the lenses focus the led to a smaller area, but i managed to make one large Naga morich bush to produce plenty of large pods indoor using the 100w led light combination with some light coming from a window.

If you use such a led growing light, make sure to use a good quality timer between it and the power socket. I have burned many lower quality timers with my led growing lights. :woohoo:

Pictures of 100w led growing light i have and bought that in 2014:
IMG_20180206_0936141.jpg

IMG_20180206_0937091.jpg

My 100w led growing light was much more expensive, than that 300w one, but it also have some optional features and maybe higher quality leds. But for a mere 50 dollars, i would take the risk and order maybe one or two.

This one looks to be much better one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MAZ2VS2/

Your led growing light average lifespan is 30000 and this one has 100 000 average lifespan for 10 dollars more. If i where you, i would get that BLOOMSPECT 300W LED Grow Light because it uses 60pcs 5W Epiled/BridgeLux LEDs. I would not get that cheaper one, if they dont even state what manufacturer leds they use in the growing light and that cheaper one doest tell you that info, but the more expensive one does. :thumbsup:

The cheap one uses 192 led diode and each diode is up to 1.5w. One double chip is 3 watt and that is not nearly as good compared to the 60pcs of 5w leds used in the more expensive one. If the led growing light doest have this detailed info, avoid it like a plague.

Also check out the warranty info on those two, the cheap one doest state any warranty info at all and the more expensive one says: 3 years warranty plus 30 days money back guarantee, so they believe in the quality of their product and can give you such warranty info.

The cheap one states this absolutely false info:
Even color distribution and no light spot. A 300W LED grow lights is approximately equivalent to a 1000W traditional light.

Then there is that more expensive one:
BS300 to replace a 250W HPS/MH but only consumes 132W of electricity.

I think the expensive one have more correct info and not that overblown commercial false info that the cheap one have, that makes you buy those cheap ones by the boatload. :rolleyes:

Yeild lab has 4 bulb t5's for under 100 bucks, and another member here said they were the best quality of the t5 lights that he bought, I want to try led lights too but I'm Leary of them because I've never used them

I use T5 lighting in a closet...my closet is 2w x 5l x 8h

I have two fans running 24/7 for airflow.

Upper shelf is for germs and seedlings, lower area is for once potted up...I need to do that this weekend.

I took the door off and leave it open..if I need to block the light i have a roll up door of panda film attached to top of door...just unroll it and let it hang as needed.

My growroom is 103x103x200cm and i can walk inside it. So using high powered led growing light or two inside that thing can bring pretty good results.

bangbangchabooky said:
I do have a spare room available to use but, I feel like i can control the temps better in a closet. Or should I look into maybe a tent?

Good tent for you to check out:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9O6UJ0/

Buy one of those better led growing lights i mentioned earlier and put one of those inside. Dont need to use any extra fans inside either, because the led growing light have build in fan that will keep the growing tent cool.

Back