• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Phator's GLOG 2018

Hello all,

I am starting my grow log for 2018. Here is what i have so far.

Growing:

1. Habanero
2. Jalapeno
3. Guam Boonie
4. Philippine Sili Chili

Germinating:
1. Smoking Ed - Carolina Reaper
2. Tokuyama Pepper

I have been piecing together all the stuff to grow indoors. so fare I have a grow tent, General Hydroponics Nutrients, CoCo Coir, and CFL Lights. My next purchase is going to be an LED light but haven't been able to decide on a good one that will work well in my tent. after switching to the COCO i had a few plants i belive got too much water as you will see in the pics. To alleviate this i will let the COCO dryout so the plants can perk back up. any advise is welcome especially for the LED Light. More to Come! :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 103
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 84
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 87
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 76
Chilidude said:
Do your cups have big holes in the bottom?

They have 5 holes about the size of a pencil. when I feed/water it seems to drain easily. The temp inside the tent is 26.5C/77.9F.

Phator said:

Thanks I am in Japan so ordering some stuff is not available. but if you have recommendations I will search.

Dont bother, as i think PexPeppers may have something really good for you regarding those leds. :P

Phator said:

They have 5 holes about the size of a pencil. when I feed/water it seems to drain easily. The temp inside the tent is 26.5C/77.9F.

Should I enlarge these Holes or will it do for now?

Phator said:

Should I enlarge these Holes or will it do for now?

Buy some of those similar kind of seedling trays i have in my pictures with those draining things in the bottom of the trays. One or two for the pots to stay under the light and one for watering the plants with the fertilizer mixture:
09509_01_seedlingtray.jpg

And should use these kind of long pots with bigger holes:
41qVyz6AMrL.jpg

But your main goal is to get those seedling trays for now.

Chilidude said:

Buy some of those similar kind of seedling trays i have in my pictures with those draining things in the bottom of the trays. One or two for the pots to stay under the light and one for watering the plants with the fertilizer mixture:
09509_01_seedlingtray.jpg

And should use these kind of pots long pots with bigger holes:
41qVyz6AMrL.jpg

But your main goal is to get those seedling trays for now.
Will do. this will be my next step.

What is your feeding program with those ghe micro, floraboom and floragro bottles as they are not the same as my Floramicro/floramato?

I think you have to mix them up like this:

If i use floramicro 10ml/floramato 10ml to 10 litres of water. I think you may have to try mixing it like this:

Floramicro 10ml/ florabloom 5ml/floragro 5ml to 10 litres of water to hopefully get similar results using those 3 bottles you have now. Try it out, lets see how the chilis like it. The good sign is to see how dark green the leaves are and overall grow of the chilis is after adding that mix for the chilis.

And everything that is holy, that Ghe stuff cost a fortune in Japan.

This stuff is  really good for only half the price:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ココ栽培肥料-CANNA-COCO-Bセット-1L/dp/B00X13EIJC/

¥ 4,233 for 1 litre of part A and 1 litre of part B.

¥ 19,000 for 5 litre of part A and 5 litre of part B, that much stuff could last you 2-4 seasons at least and it is very easy to mix to the water as it is only two part fertilizer.

I think you can use my rations for that stuff to try it out in the near future, when you use up that super expensive Ghe stuff first. :rolleyes:

Chilidude said:
And everything that is holy, that Ghe stuff cost a fortune in Japan.

This stuff is  really good for only half the price:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/ココ栽培肥料-CANNA-COCO-Bセット-1L/dp/B00X13EIJC/

¥ 4,233 for 1 litre of part A and 1 litre of part B.

¥ 19,000 for 5 litre of part A and 5 litre of part B, that much stuff could last you 2-4 seasons at least and it is very easy to mix to the water as it is only two part fertilizer.

I think you can use my rations for that stuff to try it out in the near future, when you use up that super expensive Ghe stuff first. :rolleyes:

I'm all about trying new things. I got all 4 bottles from GHE for 3,000 yen so i thought it was a good deal. so far im ussing the generated nutrient chart from GHE but then i got that over water problem so waiting for them to bounce back.

Phator said:

I'm all about trying new things. I got all 4 bottles from GHE for 3,000 yen so i thought it was a good deal. so far im ussing the generated nutrient chart from GHE but then i got that over water problem so waiting for them to bounce back.

My advise is not to follow the GHE fertilizer chart at all, as it is more of a guide line than anything else. The fertilizer maker wants you to use as much as possible of that stuff to make you buy some more, this is why those charts are there. I have not used that thing for over 4-5 years now as i developed a better one for my personal use for coco only growing with very good results.

Using less of fertilizer is better than using too much for chili growing. :thumbsup:

Chilidude said:

My advise is not to follow the GHE fertilizer chart at all as it is more of a guide line than anything else. I have not used that thing for over 4-5 years now as i developed a better one for my personal use for coco only growing with very good results.

Yes i wanted to follow it for a bit until the plants get a little bigger. I really don't know how much of with to add yet. Here is the chart i'm following for at least the first week.

View attachment GH_FloraSeries-DTW_03216am.pdf

Phator said:

Yes i wanted to follow it for a bit until the plants get a little bigger. I really don't know how much of with to add yet. Here is the chart i'm following for at least the first week.

attachicon.gif
GH_FloraSeries-DTW_03216am.pdf

I already gave you the values for those bottles:

Floramicro 10ml/ florabloom 5ml/floragro 5ml to 10 litres of water to try out.

Chilidude said:

I already gave you the values for those bottles:

Floramicro 10ml/ florabloom 5ml/floragro 5ml to 10 litres of water to try out.

Oh sorry I missed this. I will start doing this once the mix I made is used up. i'm using a 5 liter mix bottle so i'll half those. Before i start using your mix ill do a pic of my plants and then again after a few days.

Phator said:

Oh sorry I missed this. I will start doing this once the mix I made is used up. i'm using a 5 liter mix bottle so i'll half those. Before i start using your mix ill do a pic of my plants and then again after a few days.

I checked out the feeding chart for those bottles and it is way too much for chili growing, if you follow the guidelines.

They want you to mix this much fertilizers to about 9,5 litres of water:

Early grow:

Floramicro 10ml
Floragro 12,5ml
Florabloom 2,5ml

Late grow:

Floramicro 12,5ml
Floragro 12,5ml
Florabloom 6,25ml

That is not made for chili growing at all, you will kill the chilis with those values in a week or two. For the love of :banghead:, listen to me instead and you will not kill your chilis. :mope:

Here is a tip for you, if that in the picture is pure coco mixed with perlite..You can flush the fertilizer off from the coco by using pure water and then you can put the new values in there. I had to do this same thing in the beginning of my chili growing career, because i used too strong fertilizer to water
my chilis.

Use this method to recycle the fertilizer used in coco growing:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/67301-easy-method-to-filter-recycled-hydroponic-fertilizer-solution-used-in-coco/

Chilidude said:

I checked out the feeding chart for those bottles and it is way too much for chili growing, if you follow the guidelines.

They want you to mix this much fertilizers to about 9,5 litres of water:

Early grow:

Floramicro 10ml
Floragro 12,5ml
Florabloom 2,5ml

Late grow:

Floramicro 12,5ml
Floragro 12,5ml
Florabloom 6,25ml

That is not made for chili growing at all, you will kill the chilis with those values in a week or two. For the love of :banghead:, listen to me instead and you will not kill your chilis. :mope:

Here is a tip for you, if that in the picture is pure coco mixed with perlite..You can flush the fertilizer off from the coco by using pure water and then you can put the new values in there.

Yes planned on using your values. I should be good to go half your ratio since my mix bottle is 5 liters? This is about the biggest mix jug I could find here. Also the guy who sold me the nutrients gave me a bottle of CALiMAGic. he said to feed/feed/flush. He said to flush with this. It says on the bottle to use 1ml per 4 liters. should this be ok for the flush?

Back