• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Tippet's Superhots 'Pain in da Bhut' jam review

Pain in da "boot"? Looks good. But bhut is not pronounced butt so name fail.

Taste and concept still there.  I don't see as much of these around, but more and more people are "infusing" superhots into food products not typically noted for them.  Then there's the liquor world.....

It does look good. I was kinda apprehensive at first when a lot of these fruit forward sauces and products started getting popular. Perhaps that's the purist in me, but once I started trying them, I really really enjoy them. I'm not a huge fan of sweet things to begin with but the combination of heat and sweet go very well with one another. Pepper jellies go really well in pasta sauce too.

There's a whole world of french toast, buttermilk biscuits, and spring rolls waiting for you Edmick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
There's a whole world of french toast, buttermilk biscuits, and spring rolls waiting for you Edmick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have quite a few pepper jellies in the fridge right now and use them for everything. Pretty much everything I cook has some kind of heat in it. And when I don't, my wife asks me why I didn't make it spicy. It took me some years to do but I finally converted her.

I like the jams on vanilla, but on mango sorbet, a fruity superhot sauce is awesome. Shoutout to Angry Goat - Purple Hippo (prickly pear scorpion sauce yum).

Back