• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

pumpkin spice sauce

I got a pumpkin in a CSA box. . decided to sauce it.  Peeled, seeded then 7 days in the crock with some kimchi juice.  Added 6 peach ghosts.  Pressure cooked for about 15 minutes.  Added a cup of vinegar.  It's damn good like this but I think I'm going to carribean-ize it and add some tamarind, allspice, clove, coriander, nutmeg, thyme.  Some pumpkin spice I'll actually eat!!

gsQS7Xf.jpg

GijxvGY.jpg

uo7GkWC.jpg

Rocketman has posted a fermented pumpkin recipe with dried (sweetened) cranberries and fresh sage.  We made a couple unfermented versions of that at a couple of local making hot sauce classes that were really good!  I think they included balsamic vinegar and some beer or wine.  Fun stuff playing with interesting ingredients.  Looks good!

PS- I always take out the stems, and sometimes the seeds...but not always.  FWIW, Hoy Fong Foods does not take the stems off the jalapeños before making their sriracha.  I've also seen a clip of a fermented habanero sauce maker who left the stems on.  :shrug:

Back