wanted Small Scale Chile Grower - Seeking Grow Contract For Seeds

Hello All,

My name is Will.  I live in Coatesville PA which is a western suburb of Philadelphia PA.  I've been a member here for a few years, but have not posted much on THP.  I've mainly just lurked and enjoyed reading the posts of other members.

I've been a backyard chili pepper gardener for the past several years.  Last year, a generous CSA farmer near me let me grow two rows of various chili peppers (about 130 plants) on his farm, and I had pretty good success.

This year, I plan to grow two rows of chili peppers on my friend's farm again.  One row will be chili peppers for the customers of the CSA.

For the second row, which would be about 60 plants, I'm looking to grow for someone who is looking for chili pepper seed stock.

Please message me if you would be interested in having me grow about 60 chili pepper plants for seed stock for you.  FYI, I would not be able to isolate the chili pepper plants by distance.  But, I would be able to isolate the chili pepper plants by caging and covering the plant in tulle netting (barrier isolation).

Attached are a few pictures from my chili pepper micro farming endeavor from last year.  In a few of the pictures, you'll see the type of caging and netting isolation that I would be able to provide.

If anyone near the Philadelphia area would be interested in having me grow chili pods for seeds on a micro level (i.e. approximately 60 pepper plants), please feel free to message me.

Thank you and best regards.
1image.jpeg
2image.jpeg
3image.jpeg
4image.jpeg
5image.jpeg

I talked to a grower for Pepper Joe not long go.  I forget his name, but he is  member here at THP so he might chime in if he notices this thread.  He seems to be about your size.  Maybe Pepper Joe would be a good place to check with.  I understand the new owners are looking for growers.

Yes they sold to Clickstop.  Its the Clickstop folk I talked to.  Seem like a very friendly lot eager to make new contacts.  We werent even talking business and they took time to talk to me.

Thanks to everyone for the likes and suggestions.

FYI, I did reach out to Pepper Joe's to see if I could apply to be a grower for them for the 2018 season.  At the moment, I'm awaiting a reply back.

If there is anyone near the Philadelphia area who is working on producing hot sauce, or who has a restaurant and would be in need of chili peppers, I would have the ability to grow bunch of chili pepper plants for you (50-100) and provide you with the harvest come fall 2018.  I guess that's kind of the catch 22 with trying to grow chili peppers for customers...people need chili peppers during non-harvest times, and people have plenty of chili peppers during harvest time.

In any case, if there are any hot sauce makers or restaurant owners out there around Philly that might be interested in the quantity of chili peppers I could grow for you in 2018, please feel free to message me.

Thank you and best regards.

Exactly what are you looking for?
A certain amount of payment for growing out peppers for seeds?
Just curious as I have many varieties I need seeds for just not familiar with this type of thing.
PM me and enlighten me on your offer/prices. Thanks!

Back