• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DaSauce 2018

Just getting started. Have just a couple sprouted sofar and waited to see if the others come up before moving on

Trying these for sure from seeds
Miraflores Market rocoto (yellow?)...2 up out of the 8 sofar..TGCM seeds
Peruvian Red rocoto..TGCM seeds
Peruvian Red mini rocoto..TGCM seeds
P. Dreadie SB....cant wait to get these going. Probably grow more and cut back on other habs depending on germination rate...TGCM seeds

Aleppo...replacing my gochu with these just because i cant grow enough gochu for the massive amounts of powder needed for kimchi. I can buy the gochugaru but not good Aleppo powder locally......Ed's seeds

Sandia Select....Didnt get many pods last year but what i got were really large. Using the seeds from those pods....Original seeds from Midwestchilhead.

Changing up my Ajis a little to a couple varieties i never tried before.
Aji Limo Rojo...TGCM seeds
Aji Arnaucho...TGCM seeds
Aji Panca....CCN seedlings

A few "seasoning peppers". Seedlings from CCN....Probably:
Trinidad Perfume
Aji Dulce 1

Brazilian StarFish
Jamacian Gold (annuum)
Szechwan

Jalapenos:
Mucho Nacho...gunna try some from my seeds and another Bonnie seedling...REALLY loved this variety
Chichimeca...seeds from last years pods....REALLY loved this variety
Farmers Market....always wanted to try these for kicks...TGCM seeds

Still searching for:
Big Jim Heritage....Prefer seedlings
Biker Billy...Prefer seedlings...CCN is not offering them this year.
Hot bell..ANTEP ACI DOLMA

Fords Fiery Foods and Puckerbucket are out of the ANTEP ACI DOLMA. Just called Fords.

Ordered the other 2 from Midwestchilihead. Cant beat that pricing.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Fords Fiery Foods and Puckerbucket are out of the ANTEP ACI DOLMA. Just called Fords.

Ordered the other 2 from Midwestchilihead. Cant beat that pricing.
Burpee has Biker Billy

They sure do for over $8 for 1 pack of seeds when you include the shipping. I would buy them locally but none of the local places that carry Burpee have the Biker Billy.

Estimated Total
$8.98

I got 3 different packs of seeds from Midwestchilihead for less than $9 delivered. I also needed some Big Jim Heritage and grabbed a pack of MOA Reds.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Biker Billy...Prefer seedlings...CCN is not offering them this year.
You're not missing anything. I grew a Biker Billy plant I ordered from CCN back in 2015. Pods were gigantic; had ZERO heat whatsoever. You're better off getting them somewhere else

Ive been less than thrilled with some CCN stuff and completely happy with others. The 7 Pots i grew last year didn't look like the pic and the heat wasn't a super hot IMO. They were hot but.......

Their MOA Yellow though was very tasty and i loved the Lemon Drops/Aji Cito.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
They sure do for over $8 for 1 pack of seeds when you include the shipping. I would buy them locally but none of the local places that carry Burpee have the Biker Billy.

Estimated Total
$8.98

I got 3 different packs of seeds from Midwestchilihead for less than $9 delivered. I also needed some Big Jim Heritage and grabbed a pack of MOA Reds.

Yeah, they're pricey, just figured I'd let you know.

MWCH has some great seed stock. His MoA Reds were huge

From his seed in 2016:
IMG_6217.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

John's a great guy, too :cheers:

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I was mainly trying to get as many as i could at 1 vendor. Burpee only had 1 thing i wanted. I would have paid the extra if they had a few other things. Now i will have to pay the price for the Antep Aci Dolma seeds anyway which is gunna run about $8 for 1 pack.

I have no idea if this is a trustworthy vendor but tis the only ones i can find. http://chilli-seedz.com/shop/chilli-seeds/antep-aci-dolma/

Same for me, the only thing they have that I wanted to try and can't find locally is the biker billy jap and a couple kinds of tomatoes. But I don't want to pay $6 per pack plus $3 shipping when I know they sell the same varieties for $1.69 in store.

Just bought Brandywine Pink tomatoes for $1.69 at Menards and they want $6 on they're site. Pretty silly they are the opposite of most items, where it's normally cheaper to buy online, lol. I'm guessing they inflate the prices online to make you pay less in shipping or give "free" shipping, but you're still paying for it one way or another.

MikeUSMC said:
MWCH has some great seed stock. His MoA Reds were huge

From his seed in 2016:
attachicon.gif
IMG_6217.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4543.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4542.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_4544.JPG

John's a great guy, too :cheers:

Yeah i saw those just before checking out. I really dont need another chinense plus i want to limit them to help isolate my P. Dreadie plants as much as possible. Last year he sent me a couple free Anaheim varieties so buying them from him was the right thing to do. I got TONS of hot Lumbre pods from the seeds he sent. They were really hot for an Anaheim. I ran out of time and space for the Sandia Select but the ones i did get were big and really good eating.

MikeUSMC said:
You're not missing anything. I grew a Biker Billy plant I ordered from CCN back in 2015. Pods were gigantic; had ZERO heat whatsoever. You're better off getting them somewhere else
Maaaan, I'm growing biker billy's from seed I saved a few years ago, probably got them off of some train. If they have zero heat I just might have to buy from...gulp...burpe....nope, nevermind, can't do it

Sauce, much luck as you move forward and plants move upward!

I hope I didn't turn you off of Biker Billy's, dude! lol

That was just my experience with one vendor, man. I've heard tons of people rave about their flavor and heat. I might've just gotten a "dud" plant or something (?). I'll definitely try growing another one, one of these years ;)

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Thats a shame because they are supposed to be the hottest variety and thats what i want.
If you want hot jalapenos, either Primo Jalapenos from Gurney’s, or Emerald Fire Jalapenos from Seeds & Such. I’ve been growing the Primos for 6 years and the Emerald Fires for 2 years. Both produce some pretty snappy heat level jals.

Walchit said:
I think moruga welder grew the ANTEP ACI DOLMA last year, and said they were really good.

I found the seeds but im not familiar with the vendor. I guess im going to need to risk it. The vendor he got his seeds from (Fords) is out until at least early summer. I called because the website said they were available until i tried to checkout. At checkout they were out of stock. :(

I normally avoid bells but the Cajun Bells i grew last year were very interesting. They are just way too small for stuffing. A really hot (for bell) sounds cool and very versatile.

Not knowing anything about chilli-seedz and they are in Australia i passed. Ordered 3 other kinds from Pepperlover instead. All 3 are from the same basic area Turkey/Lebanon.

Urfa Stuffing
Bell of Lebanon
Tekne Dolmasi

Very good pricing and free shipping too. $8 shipped.

Back