• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow bag fabric

This sounds like a pretty good idea considering I'm struggling with pots. Though, I can't sew so I may have to try it out with a ton of staples.

The dollar general weed mat is usually paper thin, I got some really nice fabric at either Lowes or home Depot last year. It was definitely more expensive. I also plan on sewing my own. Post pics for sure

Depending on how tight the weave on the burlap is that would probably work. Idk how long burlap lasts outdoors, but definitely worth a try.

Done :) Nice morning project

Material has seen a few winters so not flat, will be much easier with new fabric
Pics self explanations. 13" square base, saves material instead of round, will end up round any ways once soil in their. I folded over the material to give it a 2 ply thicker rigidity.
 Once you have a pattern it should only take 5min a bag to sew.

b3nGu2M.jpg

uB46Rol.jpg

hpSSpcR.jpg

51rfdwn.jpg

Bp8mn15.jpg

75KDuFl.jpg

MvOjDKN.jpg

nEmXJIt.jpg

V92usWY.jpg

Z3edeuO.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Done :) Nice morning project

Material has seen a few winters so not flat, will be much easier with new fabric
Pics self explanations. 13" square base, saves material instead of round, will end up round any ways once soil in their. I folded over the material to give it a 2 ply thicker rigidity.
 Once you have a pattern it should only take 5min a bag to sew.

b3nGu2M.jpg

uB46Rol.jpg

hpSSpcR.jpg

51rfdwn.jpg

Bp8mn15.jpg

75KDuFl.jpg

MvOjDKN.jpg

nEmXJIt.jpg

V92usWY.jpg

Z3edeuO.jpg
wow cant believe how good it turned out, I will try to make some this week myself

Our Costco just got in the good weed barrier fabric. Its a seasonal item only during the spring.

Dalen Pro Shield commercial grade 4'x220' with staples for under $30 a roll. Thats close to half cost vs other stores.
pro-sheild-commercial-grade-heavy-duty-landscape-fabric-costco.jpg

Back