• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Jalapeño Leaves full of yellow spots

Hello, lovely people. I'm in need of help. My jalapeño, which I planted in a polybag in a greenhouse, has developed yellow spots all over the leaves. Could you tell me what this could be? Is it a disease or a nutrient deficiency?

I'm finding this strange because the spots appear both on my capsicum plants as well as my jalapeños.

Attachments

• IMG20180301114317.jpg
    IMG20180301114317.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG20180228142543.jpg
    IMG20180228142543.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 117
Overwatering or the plants need more nutrients. Those growing bags or whatever they are look kind of small for the chilis.

Chilidude said:
Overwatering or the plants need more nutrients. Those growing bags or whatever they are look kind of small for the chilis.

Because of the high heat in the greenhouse I'm giving each plant about 1 liter of water a day divided into 2 intervals (morning and afternoon). Is this too much? The polybags are about 30cm x 30cm. What size would you recommend?

Heath71 said:

Because of the high heat in the greenhouse I'm giving each plant about 1 liter of water a day divided into 2 intervals (morning and afternoon). Is this too much? The polybags are about 30cm x 30cm. What size would you recommend?
10 litre plastic white water buckets with huge holes in the bottom and big holes all around the sides and leave some top space without the holes to not make the water come out the top portion when you water the bucket.

This way the bucket becomes like a air bruning pot and chilis will like it.

You could also do similar watering thing for the white bucket:

You should only really be watering once they start to dry out on top. I water when the top inch(ish) gets dry or when I notice them wilting.

AndyW said:
I'm guessing OP is from somewhere like Australia where bell peppers are called capsicums.

The picture I attached was from a bell pepper plant, however it was just for illustrative purposes as I didn't have a close up of the leaves on my jalapeno plant. Both my bell pepper and my jalapeno have these spots on them. 

willard3 said:
Xalapeño  (jalapeño)  is a capsicum.

I'm learning something new everyday. Thanks for that. I meant to say both my bell pepper and my jalapeno have these yellow spots on them.

You could try giving them some Epsom salt(about 1 teaspoon in 10 litres of water) diluted in the water along with the fertilixers you are giving them.

orrevs said:
Did you check for Spider Mites i think its called? Very small white spiders check under the leafs.

If that where caused by spider mites, the whole plant would be covered with a thin web by now. I think that is just some kind of nutrient/watering issue and it should be pretty easy to solve.

Chilidude said:

If that where caused by spider mites, the whole plant would be covered with a thin web by now. I think that is just some kind of nutrient/watering issue and it should be pretty easy to solve.
I had this exact issue (yellow spots) last year and it was spider mites in my case and no i did not see the whole plants covered in web just under the leafs.

One out of 10 plants had visible webs but is was a tomato plant rest was hidden under leafs. So still worth checking it out takes just a few seconds :)

orrevs said:
I had this exact issue (yellow spots) last year and it was spider mites in my case and no i did not see the whole plants covered in web just under the leafs.

One out of 10 plants had visible webs but is was a tomato plant rest was hidden under leafs. So still worth checking it out takes just a few seconds :)

Quick check with a 30x loupe will confirm if that damage is caused by spider mites.

Back