• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Have germination station with a T5 light. Question on seedlings

Hello all

I am a first time pepper grower and have a germination station with a heating pad and dome. I have planted about 16 seedlings mostly Scorpion and Reapers. I have left the dome on and its been without light until the first seedling sprout where I turned on the light. Right now 3 of the 16 have sprouted and my question is will the light being on affect the germination of the other seeds that haven't sprouted yet? Do I remove the young sprouted seedlings into a small cup and put them under the light and remove the germination station away from the light? Or am i ok the way it is.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp

Don't worry, seeds will germinate under lights. I sprout mine by paper towel method, and the ones under the bright grow lights still sprouted without problems.

The lights are fine. Your seedlings COULD be more susceptible to damping off if you leave the humidity dome on after they've sprouted though.

Edmick said:
The lights are fine. Your seedlings COULD be more susceptible to damping off if you leave the humidity dome on after they've sprouted though.

Do you suggest I take the dome off a this point or transplant the sprouted seedlings?

Selest said:

Do you suggest I take the dome off a this point or transplant the sprouted seedlings?
I always remove the seedlings and put them under lights as soon as they sprout and leave the unsprouted ones in the humidity dome. There's really no reason to keep seedlings in the dome once they've spouted. Besides, the sooner you get them out of there, the sooner you can start more seeds :dance:

Back