labels Label Sizes

tctenten said:
Depends how big of a label you want. There is no answer to this question. I suggest you find a label you like and measure it.

I use 2.5 x 3 and that is probably on the small side.
Could you show a me a pic of what they look like on your bottle?

254BF705-AB86-4E87-8D1F-F94CBB1DCB12.jpeg

6A74D07B-DFB9-4091-A824-8EE700DC05E9.jpeg

5 oz and 8oz bottle.

Here's the Avery 5164 (3-1/3" x 4") ones I use:
IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

But, I REALLY like the ones "Sam & Oliver" uses. They almost wrap completely around the bottle. Really let's you add a lot more info/graphics to your label. I don't know what brand his are (he uses a copacker, I'm just a hobbyist), but they're about 3-1/4" x 5-7/8"
IMG_6286.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6289.JPG

tctenten said:
Depends how big of a label you want. There is no answer to this question. I suggest you find a label you like and measure it.

I use 2.5 x 3 and that is probably on the small side.

tctenten,

Good call. I played around hobby style for years with a few available self printed labels. When I decided to go mainstream, I opted for a 3" x 5" for my 5 oz. woozy bottles. You could go a little longer in length as MikeUSMC showed in his pics.

It really depends on the money you're willing to spend. Custom labels with non-square dimensions will cost more for the cutting dies. For me, the label maker had already had a 3" x 5" die, was perfect and saved me much $ otherwise.

The "best" size really depends on what is "best" for you.

* I refrained from showing my own bottles. It might be viewed as self-promotion and wanted to give a reply without any such taint. 

Back