• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow or bloom fert. for blooming hot peppers

Bloom formulas are kind of a waste of money from my experience. Just stick to a well rounded organic mix and you'll be good. Worm castings, kelp  and fish emulsion are all great options. If you don't want to go organic then a 2 part fert is good. Dyna-gro grow was one of my favorite chemical ferts before I went organic.

Edmick said:
well rounded organic mix and you'll be good. Worm castings, kelp  and fish emulsion are all great options.
+ chook and cow shit.

And as morugawelder said, Potash when blooming.

Works for me and the soil improves over time and its very cheap way to grow so its a win win situation. I grow in pots.

Chewi said:
where is solid7? he'd say 3-1-2 is all you need all the time anytime.
Edmick said:
Oh god, don't get me started lol
`

I so miss Solid7.....

logo_not.jpg

Currently using Botanicare cns17 bloom, and my plants seem to like it, peppers are growing and ripening quickly, between two plants I'm harvesting about a dozen peppers every week now.

This stuff is pretty good when you mix the 2 together. I kinda stopped using it for a couple reasons. One being because it takes time to break down so it's not good for onset of nutrient deficiencies and second, my dogs try to eat the dirt when I use it because they like the way it smells. Lol

Chilidude said:

Damn, what a great idea to save some money with dog food!
Yea but what I save on dog food, I'll make up for it in veterinary bills when they get diarrhea lol

Thank you all for your input. I have been using botanicare pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 and bloom 2-3-5. Separately, switching to bloom at maturity. So far so good and with your input I have decided to continue that. Here is my chocolate reaper dwc 82 days from sprouting. Currently using bloom at 15ml./gal, ph at 5.8. Light cycle 12/12. Buds but no open flowers yet.

Attachments

• Chocolate Reaper 82 days.JPG
    Chocolate Reaper 82 days.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 80
That is a beautiful plant. It is amazing what lights and ferts can do for you in winter.

82 days from sprouting , you need the magic ingredient............................................................

patience.   ;)   Enjoy the grow .

Stevedesertpepper said:
Thank you all for your input. I have been using botanicare pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 and bloom 2-3-5. Separately, switching to bloom at maturity. So far so good and with your input I have decided to continue that. Here is my chocolate reaper dwc 82 days from sprouting. Currently using bloom at 15ml./gal, ph at 5.8. Light cycle 12/12. Buds but no open flowers yet.

Combined NPK with both fertilizers:

5-5-9

Seem pretty good to me.

Dont switch to bloom only at maturity, that is a huge mistake!

Instead reduce the grow dosage/increase bloom dosage at maturity and mix them both up in the water.

Try mixing your fertilizers like this for the mature indoor plants:

Grow 10ml/bloom 15ml+ about 1 teaspoon of epsom salt to 10 litres of water.

I get 4 cycles of flowers each year. I really can't switch fertilizers every two months. I incorporate 360 day Nutricote once a year and I get good amounts of flowers and pods. I also get good growth between cycles.

Back