• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sideshow Gardens Grow Log.

Here's where it all starts at Sideshow Gardens. The seedling room. Heat and humidity controlled. The trays will only spend a couple days here til they get moved outside. Our daytime temps have been wonderful lately but night time temps are still pretty low so they all get brought back inside at night. Quite the chore since the seedling room is upstairs and I currently have way more trays than what is pictured. I've started tomatoes and peppers so far but that accounts for only a quarter of what I'll be growing. Stay tuned for further updates. Thanks for looking!

Genetikx said:
Good luck this year. Nice and clean so far, what kind of outside setup do you have?
Nothing special really. Just some tables in the back that I put the trays on to get some sun. Next weekend i'll be tilling up the section I intend to use for my own personal plants. I'll post pics of that progress too

Thanks. I try to keep it as clean and organized as possible. I bleach all the hard surfaces and steam clean the carpet to keep it as sanitary as possible. With the heat and humidity in the room, I worry about mold, mildew and pests. I have really good air circulation too. Maybe it's all overkill but I think it helps avoid problems.

Muckyai said:
Looks great. Healthy plants and neat and tidy. I imagine with a name like Sideshow you'll be selling some botanical oddities at some point too!
Yep that's the whole idea behind the business. To offer unique and interesting plants. The tomatoes are berkeley tie dyes, green zebras (which are kinda common but cool nonetheless), japanese black trifele and indian striped. I'll post a list of the peppers later cuz to be honest, I dont remember all of them lol but I tried to stick to varieties with cool names and pod shapes that would stand out to people. I'm also doing glass gem corn, purple haze carrots, romanesco, black kale, african horned cucumber, pusa jamuni radish, cucamelons, tigger melons and a few other veggies. I'm trying to stick to edibles for the most part but I'm also going to be growing/selling desmodium gyrans (the dancing plant) and mimosa pudica (the shy plant). And of course I'm always researching new and interesting stuff. The possibilities are endless. If anyone has any other recommendations of cool stuff I'm all ears.

I posted this in another thread before but this is a video of my desmodium gyrans plants "dancing". They're really interesting. Charles Darwin studied these plants and couldn't conclude why they react to music. If you look at the small leaflets at the base on the larger leaves you'll see them moving.

https://youtu.be/8lPq9p8pUbk

PtMD989 said:
Look up that pink lettuce. Looks like it sells for a lot money than regular lettuce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't find anyone selling seeds for. If you find anyone, send me the link. Looks awesome though. Thanks!

Edmick said:
I can't find anyone selling seeds for. If you find anyone, send me the link. Looks awesome though. Thanks!

I think you have to get those pink raddicio seeds from Europe still. I remember seeing them a couple weeks back when a guy on another forum recommended them to me.

I didn't dig in to them further though because lettuce wasn't on the menu this year.

Edmick said:
I will look further into it. I just remembered about reading a story about pink lettuce.
That was me TrentL [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back