87 replies to this topic

#21 MarcV

MarcV

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

That yaki blue does look very tempting indeed!

I'm very exited about the Black Panther orange pheno.

This picture isn't mine...

28238635_2044950375768272_4132302018340629346_o.jpg

...but I might be wrong...

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 UncleWalrus

UncleWalrus

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

Either Peruvian White Habanero or a pack of mystery seeds I ordered.

#23 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,089 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

I'm anxious for most of the varieties I've chosen this year. I have a lot from Mojo that are all new. One that comes to mind is the PeachGum v3. It's not listed on his site, but he says it's similar to the v2, but has a bigger calyx and bigger seeds. Here's Mojo's pic of the v2:

202727-c7d5edc1b95b4b35b0742cc17b04fce2.

#24 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,465 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Excited for this next generation of El Scorponero and seeing what phenos pop up this year

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#25 Tango

Tango

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

I'm excited about all the new varieties for this season. 

moa, white and chocolate bhuts, white fatalii, scotch brain, 7 pot brainstrain yellow, yellow primo, cpr,

madame jeanette, sugar rush peach, trinidad perfume yellow, aji white fantasy, black pearl

Edited by Tango, 17 April 2018 - 06:54 PM.

#26 Mildfruit

Mildfruit

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

I'm anxious for most of the varieties I've chosen this year. I have a lot from Mojo that are all new. One that comes to mind is the PeachGum v3. It's not listed on his site, but he says it's similar to the v2, but has a bigger calyx and bigger seeds. Here's Mojo's pic of the v2:

202727-c7d5edc1b95b4b35b0742cc17b04fce2.

I Got a mail from enrico:

the PeachGum V3 is a off pheno of the PeachGum V2... dark plant with pods that grow from dark purple to peach color with bubblegum calyx
pods got a different shape and seeds are bigger than V2 version...
pretty cool variation, not stable yet...

Currently growing v3 still a small plant, but stem and leafs are all black. Beautiful plant!

Edited by Mildfruit, 18 April 2018 - 07:31 AM.

#27 jwins

jwins

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

I have about 19 different varieties going this year but I am most excited about my Frontera Sweet peppers. They are supposed to have a scotch bonnet type flavor profile but no heat. Hoping for this to be the base pepper for a hot sauce.

As far as hot peppers go looking forward to see how the Goat Horn's I have taste.

#28 b3rnd

b3rnd

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

I have about 19 different varieties going this year but I am most excited about my Frontera Sweet peppers. They are supposed to have a scotch bonnet type flavor profile but no heat. Hoping for this to be the base pepper for a hot sauce.

As far as hot peppers go looking forward to see how the Goat Horn's I have taste.

I also have a couple Frontera Sweets growing. Normally not a big fan of Chinenses but I did like the Scotch Bonnets. Pretty excited for these.

But I'm most excited for my Brazilian Starfish x Lemon Drop. Should be interesting what comes out of that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PRA-LX1 met Tapatalk

It's a little chilly.

#29 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • aka:Streetwise with a "Z"

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

I grew Frontera sweets last year; I'd gotten the seeds from Semillas.  They were very nice.  I wouldn't say they have zero heat, but they were very low heat, and the flavor  was a little reminiscent of Bonnets, for sure.  Cool shaped pods.  I'm not growing them this year, but I feel pretty sure I'll grow them again.

Good luck with yours!

You are entering the buttocks with the spicy hand of Chinese pepper? And pleasure from this low pepper? I am not sure but the scorpion pepper musk when raw, is the sexual experience. This is granted, and evident in the taste, and the woman jealous. 

#30 Sinn

Sinn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

Pimiento De Padron have a small plant that had 3 pods on it cooked them bad boys up in olive oil and put some sea salt on them soooooooooooooo good :metal: can't wait to eat more 

#31 Muckyai

Muckyai

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

I'm looking forward to all of them!! But I'm pretty curious about "wild baccatum capsicum baccatum" from Pepperlover. The plant and the pods are just so dainty.8b1cd40ef03a293d819c6399db385f9b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#32 AndyW

AndyW

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

I'm looking forward to all of them!! But I'm pretty curious about "wild baccatum capsicum baccatum" from Pepperlover. The plant and the pods are just so dainty.8b1cd40ef03a293d819c6399db385f9b.jpg

I'd never heard of it.
Definitely seems interesting!

#33 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Wow! That's very interesting. I love it! The oddball baccatum I have growing is a Purple Flower Baccatum by Mojo. I'm pretty excited about that. That wild Baccatum is great! Nice looking plant. I'm interested to know if it'll be sweet, hot, or both. (I guess I can look it up. Lol). Great job!

#34 Muckyai

Muckyai

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:40 PM

Wow! That's very interesting. I love it! The oddball baccatum I have growing is a Purple Flower Baccatum by Mojo. I'm pretty excited about that. That wild Baccatum is great! Nice looking plant. I'm interested to know if it'll be sweet, hot, or both. (I guess I can look it up. Lol). Great job!

The website didn't have any details about the characteristics of this specific plant so I'll follow up once I've tried it to let you know how it is. ☺️

#35 AndyW

AndyW

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

According to PuckerButt, it has a medium burn. https://store.pucker...3-wild-baccatum

#36 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:32 AM

According to PuckerButt, it has a medium burn. https://store.pucker...3-wild-baccatum

Hey, thanks! Sounds like a winner! It's from the Christopher Philips collection. Very nice!

#37 MBGardener

MBGardener

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

I am probably most excited to see how my Chocolate Trinidad Scorpions turn out, haven't grown them before. Though it is hard to pick just one pepper out of the lot of them.

#38 Bob_B

Bob_B

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

I'm pretty stoked about growing Naga Morich for the first time this season.  I'm also looking forward to growing out some Datils that came from seeds from Minorca Spain where some say they were originally cultivated.  I'm also growing an heirloom Red Cherry Hot that I look forward to pickling.  I've got some Hot Paper Lanterns and Harold's St. Bart plants that I anticipate will produce some great pods.

#39 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

I have several crosses that I hope will produce something interesting. I am also looking forward to trying the Peach Moruga from Mojo peppers and the Brown Rocoto if I can get it to set pods this year. 

I am also really looking forward to a couple of old favorites, Yellow Brain Strain and the Brazilian Starfish. Because they are both such great tasting peppers.

#40 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

I'm incredibly excited for fresh peppers I've already had and for ones I've yet to try. One I've had on my mind lately is the Carolina Reaper (red) x Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion. Amazing flavor but also lit me up with a highly unexpected intensity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests