• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

media Starting seeds in grow tent with jiffy greenhouse - questions

So After my last attempt which resulted in Nada I got this jiffy greenhouse seed starter kit from the local hardware store and followed the instructions etc.

it's been in the grow tent On a heat mat for about a week now I planted three pellets with habs and three with reapers.

One of the reapers has sprouted and there's another breaking through the soil. I'd like to avoid what happened last time where the seedling died so my question is should I expose it to the grow light now? What about the rest of the ungerminated seeds? Will they be negatively impacted by the light? I don't really know exactly what I'm trying to avoid but if anyone can take a look at the pics I've posted and let me know if it looks like I'm alright and can shed some knowledge on the above questions I'd greatly appreciate it! Cheers!

Huda

Attachments

• IMG_3473.JPG
    IMG_3473.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3470.JPG
    IMG_3470.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3472.JPG
    IMG_3472.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 72
I'd leave the cover on and the light on until your first set of true leaves.  Then pot up.  The babies should be happy as long as it doesn't get too warm in there.

I grew in jiffy pods for years and I always pulled them as soon as they sprouted and got them under lights. In my opinion, leaving them in the dome too long can expose them to trouble like damping off. I love using the heated propagation mats for germination but the quicker you can get them out of there, the better. Once germinated, get them out.

Back