• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Valleyrider's blog 2018

This is my first time doing a blog and first time growing so many peppers. The only thing I've grown hotter than a habanero was a ghost pepper last year that I got one measly pod off of. This year I have changed up my garden and methods of growing. 

I have an 8' x 4' raised bed made from 2x12's as well as fabric bags in 7,10, and 15 gallon sizes. Aside from peppers I have many varieties of tomatoes of very color, purple tomatillo, black nebula carrots, and purple artichoke growing. 

I started with a Carolina Reaper, Aji Charapita, Sugar Rush peach, Buena Mulata, Midnight dream, and Habanada peppers. I got a little too anxious to get them planted out and after 2 weeks in the 70's at the start of February I planted out everything. Needless to say a week later we got hit with a cold spell and had 3 nights of a hard freeze causing over half my garden to die. Seeing as I needed to start over, quite late by this time, I decided to seek out better seeds.

I contacted TexasHotPeppers and he was gracious enough to set me up with a plethora of seeds, at least to me. I now have many varieties of hot peppers that just got started last week. 

Here are a few pictures of what I have growing already. Tomatillos and tomatoes are already beginning to flower! Peppers that survived are still looking sad, those holes were dead plants. The chicken wire is courtesy of neighbor cats that like to think my garden is their little box - they don't like to step on it so they stay away now. 

IMG_5511_zpsrg2fhqif.jpg

Good luck on your grow this year.

Back