#1 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an LED light for an indoor 60cm x 60cm x 120cm tall grow tent. A decent priced okay quality one, not cheap junk nor expensive high end.

Due to extortionate electricity prices where I live ( 31 cents Kwh ) , I have to be very watt conscious; enough watts to grow healthy plants but no overkill. The dim able LED's sound great in that I can control the watts depending on my pay check ;-) but i'm not sure if dimming them will affect their colour spectrum

Anybody got any recommendations for such a light?

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Chilidude

Chilidude

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • aka:Mr. chili, Mr. tester man.

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

https://www.amazon.c.../B06XFNXLBK/ref

#3 Mildfruit

Mildfruit

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

Quantum Boards from hlg, or folux Boards from foluxsolutions seems to be the way to go. Im going to order the 260W version from hlg, but for your space the 135w model could maybe sufficient. Im not very familiar with foluxsolutions as they dont have any European retailers as I know of, but the boards seem a bit cheaper if the budget is an issue.

#4 Chilidude

Chilidude

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:38 AM

Quantum Boards from hlg, or folux Boards from foluxsolutions seems to be the way to go. Im going to order the 260W version from hlg, but for your space the 135w model could maybe sufficient. Im not very familiar with foluxsolutions as they dont have any European retailers as I know of, but the boards seem a bit cheaper if the budget is an issue.

European retainer:

https://www.todogrow...g-135w-kit.html

Options are 3000k or 4000k.

#5 PexPeppers

PexPeppers

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • aka:Peppers

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

gonna have to go with quantum boards for now. We're getting more stock in April

Edited by PexPeppers, 16 March 2018 - 03:18 AM.

#6 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for the link :-)

I have been doing a little research on the lens COB's and they seem to project a perfect circle of usable light, but for maximum coverage in a rectangular tent, I fear the corners of the tent will be dead light areas. ..unless the projected circle was say 3ft x 3ft in a 2ft x 2ft tent.

#7 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for the info :-)  Do they do dim able ones?

#8 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

European retainer:

https://www.todogrow...g-135w-kit.html

Options are 3000k or 4000k.

I like the lighting foot print of these :-)  Can you add dimmers to LED's after the fact or do they need it built into their circuitry? ..I really want dimmable to help with the power bill.

#9 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

gonna have to go with quantum boards for now. We're getting more stock in April

Thanks.

I can wait until April. Can you send me a link to who you are?

#10 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

Hey guys, what is the best Kelvin for one light for all seasons?   ..I'm coming from HPS growing.

#11 Chilidude

Chilidude

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:03 AM

Hey guys, what is the best Kelvin for one light for all seasons?   ..I'm coming from HPS growing.

PexPeppers use 3500k, so maybe that is a good middle ground.

#12 Mildfruit

Mildfruit

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:18 AM

I like the lighting foot print of these :-)  Can you add dimmers to LED's after the fact or do they need it built into their circuitry? ..I really want dimmable to help with the power bill.

All quantum boards are dimmable. You can watch LEDGARDENER's videos on how, but its all included in the system. 

As for kelvin theres another good topic in this section discussion this. The main grip from that topic is, when using quantum board it really doesn't make a big difference, as these lights have a well rounded spectrum. I use 4000K in my setup for peppers and greens. If you want to read more about it, see @thefish posts on the topic, he explains it good :)

#13 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:27 AM

All quantum boards are dimmable. You can watch LEDGARDENER's videos on how, but its all included in the system. 

As for kelvin theres another good topic in this section discussion this. The main grip from that topic is, when using quantum board it really doesn't make a big difference, as these lights have a well rounded spectrum. I use 4000K in my setup for peppers and greens. If you want to read more about it, see @thefish posts on the topic, he explains it good :)

Thanks, I will check them out :-)

#14 ledgardener

ledgardener

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Anywhere between 3000K and 4000K will work nicely.

#15 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

Anywhere between 3000K and 4000K will work nicely.

#16 PexPeppers

PexPeppers

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • aka:Peppers

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

Thanks.

I can wait until April. Can you send me a link to who you are?

http://www.foluxsolutions.com

#17 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

Thanks

#18 YAMracer754

YAMracer754

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • aka:T-rist

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the link :-)

I have been doing a little research on the lens COB's and they seem to project a perfect circle of usable light, but for maximum coverage in a rectangular tent, I fear the corners of the tent will be dead light areas. ..unless the projected circle was say 3ft x 3ft in a 2ft x 2ft tent.

Haha man you're going through the same mental headache I had to go through (still always like to keep an eye on new tech-especially efficient tech!), but love to hear the responses from other members. I like the cobs too would love to get my hands on one. Can vouch for folux or quantum boards though-nice and easy setup and still workable where you can add fans, frames, several in a frame, etc... Pexpeppers was kind enough to let me try his folux setup and they work!

Only thing is I may have to get more led as the peppers are growing too fast for my space--also I did start too many LOL! Will link ya to my GLOG when I set it up to show off the Peps and light; just been so busy bringing plants from life support before I had my setup... It's a work in progress! Keep up the good fight brother! Will keep on reading!
Note: I'm also about the dimmable due to same $$$ concerns and overpriced electric ~13¢USD; Also works well for transitioning transplants and new seedling to lighting

Regards,
-Tristan
993664512f767f1d04d4052d7aca519b.jpg

Edited by YAMracer754, 20 March 2018 - 11:20 AM.

#19 Clueless Wanderer

Clueless Wanderer

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the help guys,

I decided on a VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control VT300 300W LED Grow Light - Dimmable

http://www.viparspec...goods.php?id=77

..Just waiting for it to arrive from the states.

Edited by Clueless Wanderer, 02 April 2018 - 03:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests