• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Anybody Wang Chung?

by that I mean dimsum?  

Some pork and cabbage dims I whipped up.  I freakin love experimenting with wontons.  
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2522.jpg

Dumplings and pot stickers are one of the few Asian things i dont make from scratch. Its too time consuming for me and ive got a couple SUPER good places that serve dim sum brunch on weekends. The frozen Assi kimchi mandu are just as good as any ive eaten for around $10 for a big bag.

Kimchi mandu guk is excellent if you like a spicy dumplings in a soup. Wontons or dumplings in chicken stock and chili oil are way up there too. So incredibly simple to make if you can find good premade wontons/dumplings. My brother hammered my LaoGanMa Chili Crisp making Sichuan wonton soup.

Pot sticker style is probably my favorite, Brown them (almost burnt) on one side and then add a few tbs of water and cover the pan. LOVE them.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Dumplings and pot stickers are one of the few Asian things i dont make from scratch. Its too time consuming for me and ive got a couple SUPER good places that serve dim sum brunch on weekends...

I used to have a joint too, but sadly moved away and can't find a decent place around. 

They are crazy time consuming, though I have gotten pretty quick at making them. It helps to make lots at once. 

My years of assembly line fine motor skills experience is sometimes useful. It only took me bit more than 2 hrs to do up about 70 of these a few weeks back. I freeze extras too. I kinda felt I was slacking that day, I aim for a minute or less per as reasonable, but I was relaxing talking with my wife while doing them up.

IMG_20180224_192802_633.jpg

_20180224_192216.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_192802_631.jpg
    IMG_20180224_192802_631.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 51
Chilero said:

I used to have a joint too, but sadly moved away and can't find a decent place around. 

They are crazy time consuming, though I have gotten pretty quick at making them. It helps to make lots at once. 

The one drawback though is it aint cheap. You wont get outta there for under $20 a head and its a really good idea to have no less than 4 people. 5 or more gets one of the round tables with a "lazy Susan" in the middle if ones available. I love this place and their Sichuan dishes are top shelf. Its in the heart of our "China Town".
http://luluseafood.com/menu/
o.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:

The one drawback though is it aint cheap. You wont get outta there for under $20 a head and its a really good idea to have no less than 4 people. 5 or more gets one of the round tables with a "lazy Susan" in the middle if ones available. I love this place and their Sichuan dishes are top shelf. Its in the heart of our "China Town".
http://luluseafood.com/menu/

For sure.  I can mow through like $90 in sushi and sides without flinching.  Started making that at home too, lol.  

Ashen said:
My years of assembly line fine motor skills experience is sometimes useful. It only took me bit more than 2 hrs to do up about 70 of these a few weeks back. I freeze extras too. I kinda felt I was slacking that day, I aim for a minute or less per as reasonable, but I was relaxing talking with my wife while doing them up.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20180224_192802_633.jpg

attachicon.gif
_20180224_192216.JPG

Those look fantesticle!

But 70 in 2 hours?

Dude.

You gotta' pump those numbers up.

There's restaurant guys making minimum wage that can pump out 70 in 10 minutes.

No talking with the wife at the restaurant!

No argument here. I put too many pleats in and never seem to get the hang of getting the nice crescent shape. Videos I have seen of the real pros at it are pumping those out like a machine gun.

texas blues said:

Those look fantesticle!

But 70 in 2 hours?

Dude.

You gotta' pump those numbers up.

There's restaurant guys making minimum wage that can pump out 70 in 10 minutes.

No talking with the wife at the restaurant!

This is no joke. I used to frequent a a place in the ID (Seattle) the ladies there would make a hundred while you waited in line to order.  AND stare you in the eyes while you waited. (Slight exageration) But if you got to the counter and didnt have your shit in one sock?  Get out, go the back of the line, learn to make decisions and try again. Lol 

Back