• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

snacks Potato Chips

I rarely have potato chips since all the crap in their and the Canola oil they use now for basically everything. Saw these Avocado oil chips and wanted to try them, powdered them with my spice mix, nice and crispy, enjoyed them and got no heartburn, normally avoid any kettle chips because of that.
$3 at local grocery store, nice for a change.
Its obvious that they know people have a problem with their oils since they have this labelled in large letters lol.

kZVZc9q.jpg

The nutrition link on Kettle's website isnt working for that one. How much sodium in 1oz of chips? The ones i get are 85mg but they use canola oil. :(

Have you ever tried making your own they are great. You can also do that with your flour and corn tortillas cutting them up and frying them, YUM YUM.

I like homemade potato chips but they either taste like chip shaped homes fries, or burnt potato chips. There's a sweet spot, and I have never seen it accomplished at home. But always taste good anyway lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
I like homemade potato chips but they either taste like chip shaped homes fries, or burnt potato chips. There's a sweet spot, and I have never seen it accomplished at home. But always taste good anyway lol.
I was gonna call BS on Boss saying he's never been able to make good chips at home (Pookie actually in the kitchen?!?!??? :eek:  No Pics! Never Happened!!!!)

Then I actually READ the post~  :lol:

OK- so I don't get accused of hi-jacking another thread....back on topic...
MANDOLIN SLICERS work great for really thin slices.

salsalady said:

If you're not careful, MANDOLIN SLICERS work great for really thin slices out of the tips your fingers.

I don't know how I know that!

Muckyai said:
Did it taste avocado-ey?
No, maybe, lol, would have to try the freah oil side by side, was nice any ways, oil wise, my spices would have covered up most of the taste. Finished the bag tonight for supper, pics tomorrow, had the rest with smoked fish.

Back