• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Grow Tent help

Hello all, I am new to growing but since it's too late to germinate my own seeds I have bought seedlings, some Habaneros, Jamaican Reds etc these I can apparently grow indoors, my real question is what is the difference between a propagation grow tent and a normal one? I was thinking of getting a grow tent kit but not sure what light I would need and what ventilation/filters etc

I was thinking something like this ;https://growgenius.co.uk/product/led-grow-tent-kit/

I only have 5 plants ordered and eventually would put them on the window ledge to grow over the summer (although our summer isn't like you Americans etc)

would I be correct in thinking I would just need to repot my plants as they outgrow their current pots, place light 2 inches above plants etc?

There's so many different variations of lights, I think LED is good for me at the moment.

Hi Matt

Never too late for growing if you going tent and light :party:

I would save some cash and go for a tent, light, oscillating fan and a small space heater if required.

You not growing whacky weed so filters, ducting and centrifugal fan not really required.

Just two things to remember - Your tent will never be big enough and your light will never be as powerful as you'd like.

I've got a 1.2 x 1.2 tent and if I went start to finish I'd probably only go with four mature plants and a LED with 200W power draw at the socket.

That site you linked to seems awful dear though so I would shop around (see if there are Quantum boards in the UK ;) )

Here's my tent

IMG_7089FILEminimizer.jpg

Thanks for the help, I am seriously considering buying a greenhouse, can get one with extras fitted for just over £500 but I plan on buying my own house in 2-3 years so it's a waste unless I can disassemble haha.

Just put everything in coco coir and use hydroponic fertilizers to make things easier for starters before doing anything too complicated.

Hey Matt

If you haven't started yet you may want to try out some Hempy method growing.

Real simple and quite forgiving as long as you not looking for massive harvests.

Back