• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Salt really does increase heat, quote: Scientific American

I hate you, Boss......

April Fools!

I dont hate you, Pookie. You got me fair and square. But if I ever offer you a hot sauce sample and say " here, try this. It's not that hot. Trust me!"........

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Yuck! Do you have any idea how much salt/hot sauce it takes to to make crow taste good?!

It varies and you have to be careful. It depends on the base scoville rate of the sauce employed.

The capsicum/sodium mix as is irrefutable fact now known, has a synergistic effect that often produces undesirable outcomes. I seem to recollect an old legal case where Morton brand salt came under fire, wherein a lawsuit had been filed, alleging that the raw sodium (impregnated with iodine) had in fact raised the palatable heat level of the food to be consumed, that was served with a great quantity of capsaicin carrying condiment on the wing appendages of common fowl. So served in an atmosphere and restaurant noted for scantily dressed waitresses with heavy bosoms. This rendered the meal "too hot to eat" according to the plaintiffs and they sought compensation for "damages."

Speaking off-the-cuff and solely from imbibed memory, I believe that it was determined that the plaintiffs, having been served the food as ordered, the jury found that voluntary introduction of the salt and its accompanying effects of raising the heat level of the foodstuffs in question, found no fault in either the restaurant serving the meal nor the producer of the sodium that was used during the incident. The "iodizing" of the product having any effect was quickly dispelled and discounted for jury consideration. 

Don't know exactly the answer to your question, but in an abundance of caution would offer that it is likely that any bird, crow, chicken or otherwise would be best eaten with the hot sauce of your choice and salt added at your own risk.  Buyer beware...

edit: a parody.. :doh:

WarrantMan said:
Well damn, I thought there was gonna be some crow eating going on.... been had... haha

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Yuck! Do you have any idea how much salt/hot sauce it takes to to make crow taste good?!
Just brine the crow. Get it spicy and salty in one step!

Learned that trick from the SoFlo posse. Then douse it in Man Gravy.

Noobies gonna have to search for that one. ;)

Man gravy.... Here's a hint...
Scovie
Sicman
FryDaddy and
SumBits

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

WarrantMan said:
It varies and you have to be careful. It depends on the base scoville rate of the sauce employed.

The capsicum/sodium mix as is irrefutable fact now known, has a synergistic effect that often produces undesirable outcomes. I seem to recollect an old legal case where Morton brand salt came under fire, wherein a lawsuit had been filed, alleging that the raw sodium (impregnated with iodine) had in fact raised the palatable heat level of the food to be consumed, that was served with a great quantity of capsaicin carrying condiment on the wing appendages of common fowl. So served in an atmosphere and restaurant noted for scantily dressed waitresses with heavy bosoms. This rendered the meal "too hot to eat" according to the plaintiffs and they sought compensation for "damages."

Speaking off-the-cuff and solely from imbibed memory, I believe that it was determined that the plaintiffs, having been served the food as ordered, the jury found that voluntary introduction of the salt and its accompanying effects of raising the heat level of the foodstuffs in question, found no fault in either the restaurant serving the meal nor the producer of the sodium that was used during the incident. The "iodizing" of the product having any effect was quickly dispelled and discounted for jury consideration. 

Don't know exactly the answer to your question, but in an abundance of caution would offer that it is likely that any bird, crow, chicken or otherwise would be best eaten with the hot sauce of your choice and salt added at your own risk.  Buyer beware...

edit: a parody.. :doh:

I now know the answer to the question. Precisely 7 shakes of Clearly Guilty per Oz of crow

Back