• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Super hots Grow light recommendation

Hello,
I have been looking around for a grow light for my 3x3 ft tent and it should be able to support my ghost pepper growth with no problems so just recommend a grow light for me i would prefer actual results and thanks in advance !

T5 or T8 are great in my opinion. I also have MH and HPS running and I dont really see much diffrence with peppers. plus they add a lot of heat to the room. Iv never tried LED but I would sure try it if I could afford it! Good luck!

Personally, this is what I use for a 4x4x6 tent. I can grow up to 9 large chinense type plants with small/medium sized fruits.
Though the expense of producing the peppers far outweighs the actual value of the peppers.
You may be able to find an led that will give you decent results. I dont have alot of experience with leds,  but I think light penetration and proper spectrum for fruiting may be the biggest problems to overcome.
Here is a pic of some reapers and scorpions I did last year.  Increasing seed counts for off type fruits. Some would ripen to orange then red others had anthocyanin expressions or misshapen fruits.
hope you find what your looking for and good luck with your peppers
IMG_20170220_124921340.jpg

Dane said:
Personally, this is what I use for a 4x4x6 tent. I can grow up to 9 large chinense type plants with small/medium sized fruits.
Though the expense of producing the peppers far outweighs the actual value of the peppers.
You may be able to find an led that will give you decent results. I dont have alot of experience with leds,  but I think light penetration and proper spectrum for fruiting may be the biggest problems to overcome.
Here is a pic of some reapers and scorpions I did last year.  Increasing seed counts for off type fruits. Some would ripen to orange then red others had anthocyanin expressions or misshapen fruits.
hope you find what your looking for and good luck with your peppers
IMG_20170220_124921340.jpg
Interesting setup u have here im currently using a 1000w output led and im having doubts about light intensity

jedisushi06 said:
Super hots wont produce true pods in artificial light.  They need sun light.
Can you prove this point please? I have done lots of research and tests myself u will get some pods but some are small and total yield is of course less than natural sun light

jedisushi06 said:
Super hots wont produce true pods in artificial light.  They need sun light.

Sorry but that is just false. I have personally grown many indoors and got medium size pods under just a 400 watt MH. 

Back