• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant IDing C. species by flowers

Gilthefish said:
righto, so what do i need to know to determine a Chinense from an annuum?

willard3 said:
Did you bother to look at the attached link? All you need is there.

Come on Willard, he's from Canada!

`
`
60779_pivo.gif

Sorry if i came across as rude, let me be more specific. I understand that there are differences between varieties within species but the general flower should remain similar. What i was inquiring about is whether there are any tell tail signs or similarities that i can look for. The pictures in the link are not detailed enough to show the number of stamens, maybe shape or something that would give it away. Pictures are helpful but an explanation with words we be even better.

right now i got one variety of what i believe to be chocolate habs that looks like a galapagonese, peach habs, and roataan pumpkin habs with annuums flowers. Just trying to unravel where i went wrong with my labeling. (i had trays get mixed up).

Gilthefish said:
Sorry if i came across as rude, let me be more specific. I understand that there are differences between varieties within species but the general flower should remain similar. What i was inquiring about is whether there are any tell tail signs or similarities that i can look for. The pictures in the link are not detailed enough to show the number of stamens, maybe shape or something that would give it away. Pictures are helpful but an explanation with words we be even better.

right now i got one variety of what i believe to be chocolate habs that looks like a galapagonese, peach habs, and roataan pumpkin habs with annuums flowers. Just trying to unravel where i went wrong with my labeling. (i had trays get mixed up).

No need to apologize. This place is filled to the brim with assholes.

Shoot me a PM if interested and I can give you some detailed photos and explanations that may help you out.

Gilthefish said:
I understand that there are differences between varieties within species but the general flower should remain similar. What i was inquiring about is whether there are any tell tail signs or similarities that i can look for. The pictures in the link are not detailed enough to show the number of stamens, maybe shape or something that would give it away. Pictures are helpful but an explanation with words we be even better.

A brief search at FataliiPhoto.net would indicate there can be wide differences between species. 

sp_kukka_cap1042.jpg

C. annuum var. 'CAP 1042'

piquin.jpg

C. annuum var. 'Pequin'

lilac_flower_345563.jpg

C. annuum var. 'Lilac'

jalapeno_hercules_flower1.jpg

C. annuum var. 'Jalapeno, Hercules'

Back