• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Rizer's Pork and Produce

WarrantMan

Extreme Member
Just off I-95 is a town called Walterboro in Colleton County, S.C. Drive some 25 minutes from Walterboro to the Confederate Hwy. (doesn't get more southern eh?) and you will discover a little jewel called Rizer's Pork and Produce. It's located at the edge of a sprawling farm and serves in the restaurant foods produced on the farm. Literally farm to table. It is a "no frills" operation without a doubt, no "ambiance" just some of the best and freshest food ever. BBQ pork, fried chicken, pork chops, ribs, a myriad of vegetables and other southern staples. I've eaten some varieties of peas there that I never even knew existed. Once or twice a month they do serve shrimp from the coast and locally raised catfish. Getting there is a bit out of the way but well worth the trip. They also sell some damn good sausage....

https://www.google.com/search?q=rizers+pork+and+produce+lodge+sc&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS734US734&oq=rizers+pork&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.6972j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sweet! So they sell it to go and also have an eating area?

Yes. They have a refrigerated section for the meats/sausage, shelled beans and peas to purchase to go. Thats how they got me... had some sausage from the buffet and asked if that was the same in the chiller display. The lady says it was and that they made it yesterday....

I dont get there often, it is an hour an a half from me, but on occasion business takes me near. I will take a cooler and stock up...

You usually find the best food at the most unassuming places. Heres a little joint I go to often for great food. He's also a butcher and it's where I get all my hard to find cuts of meat. It's in a terrible part of town and the place is a total dump but it's an awesome place. Great bbq lunch platters for dirt cheap. Called Franks Wholesale Meats. I love hole in the wall joints.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-07-15-47-28-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-07-15-47-28-1.png
    613.9 KB · Views: 79
Back