marketing Website Feedback

Edmick

Staff Member
Extreme Member
So the wife and I have finally got around to putting a little work into the website and I'm looking for some feedback. I would post a link to it but it's not published yet so photos will have to do for now. We've really only got the home page done so far but I'm really on the fence on how I feel about it. Still some minor tweaking with placement of graphics need to be done but you get the idea. The theme of my company is pretty obvious but It's a fine line between achieving the desired theme and going overboard with it and making it cheesy. The main goal right now is to use it for updates on events and maybe some plant sales if we can get it done soon enough and also seed sales later in the year. Honest opinions and suggestions needed. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20180409_102734-1.jpg
    20180409_102734-1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180409_102638.jpg
    20180409_102638.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 91
Has a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" vibe that might not appeal to somebody who is familiar with these plant and ready to make a purchase. I could see new growers entertained but you would have to round them up and then educate them on the subject and maybe then they will make a purchase. In other words I think it just attracts the wrong kind of buyers. I don't mean to sound negative just trying to give another perspective. I know a lot of work goes into this kind of stuff and it's not easy. Good luck with your business your on the right track.

Grass Snake said:
Has a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" vibe that might not appeal to somebody who is familiar with these plant and ready to make a purchase. I could see new growers entertained but you would have to round them up and then educate them on the subject and maybe then they will make a purchase. In other words I think it just attracts the wrong kind of buyers. I don't mean to sound negative just trying to give another perspective. I know a lot of work goes into this kind of stuff and it's not easy. Good luck with your business your on the right track.
The varieties listed at the bottom were kinda just thrown there to get the feel right. I have a pretty big collection of interesting stuff i'll be offering but I get what you're saying. And the intention of business is to appeal to the younger, newer generation of gardener. And the older experienced gardener who has always settled for whatever the big box stores have to offer. Sure they could buy the seeds just like I did but most people want the instant gratification of a started plant. Also with the legalization marijuana in my state, there is a whole other generation and/or culture of gardeners popping up that I think would appreciate the variety i'll be offering. Also been doing a lot of demographic research of the farmers markets in the surrounding areas trying to find locations in either college zones and areas with younger/new home owner prevalence. I could be totally working this all wrong and fall flat on my face but I won't know unless I try. The beauty of being mobile is the ability to go where the money is. If one location doesn't work out, on to the next town lol

Edmick said:
The varieties listed at the bottom were kinda just thrown there to get the feel right. I have a pretty big collection of interesting stuff i'll be offering but I get what you're saying. And the intention of business is to appeal to the younger, newer generation of gardener. And the older experienced gardener who has always settled for whatever the big box stores have to offer. Sure they could buy the seeds just like I did but most people want the instant gratification of a started plant. Also with the legalization marijuana in my state, there is a whole other generation and/or culture of gardeners popping up that I think would appreciate the variety i'll be offering. Also been doing a lot of demographic research of the farmers markets in the surrounding areas trying to find locations in either college zones and areas with younger/new home owner prevalence. I could be totally working this all wrong and fall flat on my face but I won't know unless I try. The beauty of being mobile is the ability to go where the money is. If one location doesn't work out, on to the next town lol
I had no knowledge of your target audience but it makes sense now. I also assumed it was going to be online only. Californians have always been good at setting Trends so I know you can do it!

One thing I might stress if applicable is natural, organic, or non-GMO. The website reads as the "mad science" of plants, something mother nature never intended. So make sure you hammer it home that is not GMO laboratory shit or one wonders what you mean. You never know these days, and everyone is into health. People don't want to eat chickens on steroids with three heads that mother nature never intended so just be aware with plants as well, with your language.

I could see the website with some cool parallax scrolling, like, you scroll down and the content moves, but the plants/branches sticking out scroll at a different speed, example:

http://boy-coy.com/#apps

But simpler so loads fast, just the branches over the background. Anywho.

The Hot Pepper said:
One thing I might stress if applicable is natural, organic, or non-GMO. The website reads as the "mad science" of plants, something mother nature never intended. So make sure you hammer it home that is not GMO laboratory shit or one wonders what you mean. You never know these days, and everyone is into health. People don't want to eat chickens on steroids with three heads that mother nature never intended so just be aware with plants as well, with your language.

I could see the website with some cool parallax scrolling, like, you scroll down and the content moves, but the plants/branches sticking out scroll at a different speed, example:

http://boy-coy.com/#apps

But simpler so loads fast, just the branches over the background. Anywho.
The scrolling content was the last design that my wife thought would be good but I scrapped it. Not because it was bad but because we were playing around with different ideas.. We'll play around with that idea more and see how it plays out. Thanks

Back