• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks, Ed & Al!

I guess I should mention what I use for medium. Well, I'm cheap and have never had a problem with Miracle-Gro...all around...soil, nutes, etc. Last year, I tried fish emulsion for the first half of the season. Aside from the fact that broad mites attacked and slowed me way down, the unaffected plants were small and not blooming very much. It could have been one or the other or both. But after neeming and switching to MG, they took off and I had a bumper crop. So, was it the mites? The fish? I don't know, but MG is easier. So I just stick with that. Germinated seeds go right into 3" or 3.5" (whichever they are) pots and stay there until plant out. That works better for me instead of transplanting.

stickman said:
Hi Adam, you're just "fashionably late" right? Good luck with your grow this year, I can see it'll be a hot one!
Absolutely, Rick. I'd like to show up and say, "Surprise! Mine are podding up." But I'm far from it. Scott got the "podding-up" jump on me by a landslide. Thank you for your well-wishes!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
good looking plants your off to a nice start  :clap:
and impressive list too
i cant wait to see that peach clavo x pink tiger 
Thank you, GIP! I'm with you, there. The peach clavo x pink tiger is intriguing. But we're gonna have to wait a while because it's a newborn. Interesting story about that seed:

When it germinated, the root came out more like a blob than a point. I thought it was history, but I left it in there. Checking it later, I discovered that the root was actually coming out sideways.

zomzR9f.jpg

RtIvX1K.jpg

Until the coty's came out first.

txcmv5X.jpg

It was an ass hat instead of a helmet head. Lol

A little wiggle and the root was set free. The seedling was shaped like a V but I buried that root. The next day, the coty's were lifting off of the top of the soil. So, it's growing, but it'll be a while. Lol

Back