• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

video Crispee's Original Recipe Caribbean Hot Sauce Review

Edmick

Staff Member
Extreme Member
I wish I opened this sauce sooner. Amazing as expected. I've been very fortunate to be able to try so many creations from so many talented sauce makers on this forum. You guys, please don't stop what you're doing. Keep pushing further and bring your products to market because you are the future of the industry and you guys will dominate it if you try hard enough. Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to share their creations with me. You guys are awesome!

https://youtu.be/xi-u8peIFro

Wow Thank you for the awesome review I am truly humbled.
Just a few comments; I think the herb flavor you picked up on is probably from the scotch bonnets mixed with the Jamaican Curry. Some people say it creates a herbal perfumed flavor.
Interesting you would reach for salmon first because this sauce was originally made for Conch fritters. Its very seafood/ fish friendly.
Ive kept true to that recipe for about 10 years (very few tweaks along the way), conch fritters usually have fresh scotch bonnets in the mix which is why the heat is on a medium range. So glad you like it.

Good review Edmick!  Couldn't agree more.

I was skeptical when I got my bottle. Never been a big fan of fruit based sauces.... Knew before opening the bottle that I wasn't going to like it.  But out of respect, I tried it anyway. Boy were my eyes (and taste buds) peeled open! Indeed this one is a home run! If available, it would be a household staple for me. I tried it with some wings, ham sandwiches and believe it would be killer as a glaze for baked ham or baked chicken. I know it is a seafood inspired use but it pairs well with chicken and pork too!

Crispee,

You've changed my mind about such things. This sir, is a great product, well done.   :P

Just picked up a nice piece of salmon for the sauce. I think I'm gonna make some fried chicken and mac n cheese too. Just curious how it pairs with all these. I'm letting the sauce lead the way tonight.

Attachments

• 20180409_194501.jpg
    20180409_194501.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 107
Edmick said:
Just picked up a nice piece of salmon for the sauce. I think I'm gonna make some fried chicken and mac n cheese too. Just curious how it pairs with all these. I'm letting the sauce lead the way tonight.
How did it turn out? We had some seared pork loin chops with some on it last night.
8FCFDDD5-164F-4D49-AEB6-B5D0BFA4F991.jpeg

It turned out really good. Kinda an odd pairing of food last night but I already had chicken defrosted and I really had my heart set on trying this with salmon, so fried chicken and salmon! Why not.. I basically just mixed the sauce with a little olive oil, dumped it over the fish, sprinkled with a little panko to keep all the sauce from running off and baked at 400 for 25 minutes. Was a great dipping sauce for the fried chicken too. Sides were just zucchini and mac n cheese.

Attachments

• 20180409_214158.jpg
    20180409_214158.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 101
Just a little update on this sauce. I made some pork chops last night (which I rarely do cuz I'm not a huge fan) but based on crispees pork chops I decided to give it a try. Worked very very well. I even got my wife to dump some or hers too and she was very surprised how well it paired. I'm probably about 3/4 through the bottle and haven't had anything yet that it doesn't go well with.

Edmick said:
Just a little update on this sauce. I made some pork chops last night (which I rarely do cuz I'm not a huge fan) but based on crispees pork chops I decided to give it a try. Worked very very well. I even got my wife to dump some or hers too and she was very surprised how well it paired. I'm probably about 3/4 through the bottle and haven't had anything yet that it doesn't go well with.
Glad you are enjoying it

Back