• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody in Melbourne, Australia know where I can get Calcium Nitrate ?

Shorerider said:
What do you plan to use it for?
From what I've read its the best water soluble way to get calcium to your plants. I have deficient fruiting plants out in soil that need it and I was going to supplement my new DWC grow with it.

I read yesterday it can be used as an oxidizer for explosives, if that's what your getting at, lol.  If that was the case I would be going to the place that sells the 25kg bags and I would be using Ammonium Nitrate instead ;-) , but I just want a kg of Calcium Nitrate and GH CALiMAGic is such a rip off when Calcium Nitrate and Epsom Salts will do the job.

Clueless Wanderer said:
From what I've read its the best water soluble way to get calcium to your plants. I have deficient fruiting plants out in soil that need it and I was going to supplement my new DWC grow with it.

I read yesterday it can be used as an oxidizer for explosives, if that's what your getting at, lol.  If that was the case I would be going to the place that sells the 25kg bags and I would be using Ammonium Nitrate instead ;-) , but I just want a kg of Calcium Nitrate and GH CALiMAGic is such a rip off when Calcium Nitrate and Epsom Salts will do the job.

Ha, no, I wasn't referring to homemade explosives. Do you think you have a deficiency now, if so post pics, or are you trying to prevent a possible deficiency?

Back