Hello from Melbourne

Welcome to THP.

I leave everything outside, whatever lives, lives. If you want a truly hardy pepper that can be overwintered outside in Melbourne, look for those in the Pubescens family. They will overwinter outdoors without any extra effort, a good prune before the season starts is all that's needed. You should have pods all year round too. The Americans hate this about us...  :rofl:

As for overwintering indoors, just do a search on here and you should find what you need.

Best of luck,

SR.

Give them plenty of space, I had some 4yo Rocoto's that got to 7ft before I had to chop them down to make way for my raised beds. That was a sad day....... :tear:

Hi there! Welcome :) This is my first season overwintering in Melbourne too. Planning on starting a bonsai, and grafting a few of my favourites.
The number one priority for me is ensuring I don't bring any aphids in, as I've had a few minor outbreaks outside -- washing and neem oil should do the trick.
Great to see another local on the forum, if you're keen on trading seeds drop me a line, I'm always looking to try new stuff. 

Back