• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ethan Allen

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 67
I bought a solid wood buffet that was listed for local pickup only in the midwest. I hired a white glove furniture delivery service to pick it up. That cost like $400, but the furniture was also $400 but worth about $3500. Moral of the story is, when it says "local pickup only" on ebay, that doesn't mean you can't hire somebody to pickup the deal of the century for you. :)

The roll top desk and matching chair cost me 25 bucks, and 20 bucks for a case of beer. So pretty good deal overall.

You got a really good deal on the buffet! I am probably going to sell it and was wondering what would be a good asking price. The one on Ebay is listed for $964.

Give it a good cleanup with water (damp cloth) and/or mineral spirits (for grime) and fill any scratches with this: https://amzn.to/2qGVSIJ

Then Pledge it to a nice shine.

Then sell it for market value minus 15% for a fast sale since you paid so little. :)

Great! It works a treat. Nice chair too.

Back