• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Transplanting Ghost Pepper from soil to DWC. Question on water level and roots

Hello everyone..

I have Pepper plants that are about 4 inches wide and tall that have been grown in soil indoors. I am looking to transplant them to DWC. When first planting inside the net pot should I push the roots thru the net pot or should I let them just touch the bottom and have them grow thru the bottom net. Also should I have the water above or below the bottom of the net pot during this transition?
Thanks for any help

10 minute video? Let's do it in 10 pix

`
P50KaWd.jpg

SwhmMFL.jpg

8gD2OyB.jpg

vBMiyGi.jpg

9BAbvyp.jpg

sDnz4fq.jpg

bxrjxmM.jpg

imPoxXN.jpg

HBIXTlv.jpg

zENwsys.jpg

cuQvZ8s.jpg

bV3o1Ux.jpg

`

NECM

Thanks I appreciate posting the pics... any recommendations on initial water level from the first transition, it seems like the roots arent pulled thru the net pot at first?

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
10 minute video? Let's do it in 10 pix

`
P50KaWd.jpg

SwhmMFL.jpg

8gD2OyB.jpg

vBMiyGi.jpg

9BAbvyp.jpg

sDnz4fq.jpg

bxrjxmM.jpg

imPoxXN.jpg

HBIXTlv.jpg

zENwsys.jpg

cuQvZ8s.jpg

bV3o1Ux.jpg

`

NECM

My plant is smaller than what in the pics or the video. But either way, the video says to feed the roots thru the bottomof net pot. the pics show the opposite and seems to set the roots into the clay pebbles, my guess to have the roots find their own way eventually.

On a smaller plant what is the best way? feed thru bottom or in clay pebbles. I have done one already and fed the roots thru and only filled a few inches of pebbles in there since its so small figuring i can add pebbles as it grows but now I am unsure if this is the best method now. Should i fill the pebbles to the top and put the small plant on top and have them find their own way to the bottom or feed thru net pot?

Back