• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Info on a pepper called "Major Pain"?

202727-0c0aa6084a81497abdb483b1a1b3ebb0.jpeg

Walchit said:
It's from mojo peppers, I know they have a cross of it and yaki blue available, but I think G.I.P said they don't have seeds for major pain anymore

Well I do, and I'm growing them...  About 6 of them ATM... Will report once I have pods! :D

I have about a dozen more seeds just in case these don't do well, but so far the 6 plants are looking very healthy... :D

Chilidude said:
Seems like that could be major pain in the ass next morning and that shape is simply beautiful.

Yeah! It's a really mean-looking pod! When I got the seeds from a trade, I didn't know what they were and I assumed they might be something ordinary... Maybe a Cayenne-Jalapeno cross or somesuch... NOPE! :D

I'm pretty excited to be growing them!

Word from the very very few who have tasted it is that it's not big on taste but about equal to a Carolina Reaper in heat... Or more.

I, for one, can definitely use a pepper like that, if perhaps only to add to tasty sauces, without changing the taste much and adding tons of heat!

I got in touch with the guy in the video, he says it was definitely hotter than a Reaper. Like, insanely, ridiculously, off-the-chart, mind-erasingly, hot.

Back