• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What to do with a bunch of left-over bricks?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but okay. 

So I've got a lot of small-sized bricks left over from when I took them out to make space for my garden. I'm almost about to sell them, but I kinda want to be sure I can't do anything cool with them. I'm not very handy but with a little effort I'm sure I can build something, I just don't have a lot of ideas. Any of you ever DIY'd something awesome out of bricks?

(I have to edit in a picture on my phone after I post)

Thanks!

Bhuter said:
Build a barbecue? I don't know. I use extra bricks to hold down the Weed Block Plastic I lay down. Lol.

That might be a cool one, but I think my garden space might be too small to have an immovable barbecue in it. Besides, the Dutch weather is not really great for barbecuing that often. I'd love to do that though..

Maybe a raised bed or something would be cool. Pretty basic, but useful.

b3rnd said:

That might be a cool one, but I think my garden space might be too small to have an immovable barbecue in it. Besides, the Dutch weather is not really great for barbecuing that often. I'd love to do that though..

Maybe a raised bed or something would be cool. Pretty basic, but useful.
That would be great! My next thoughts were a garden bench or fire pit. But again...the weather. Lol. I think a raised bed is a great idea!

My first thought was build a pad for a chair, or, build a bench where you could sit to admire your handiwork. 

Or a garden bar to serve adult beverages.  I suppose it depends on how many you have.

garden bar.jpg

Bhuter said:
That would be great! My next thoughts were a garden bench or fire pit. But again...the weather. Lol. I think a raised bed is a great idea!

A fire pit is a good idea too. I'll try to make the raised bed first and see how much stones I have left!

Berzerker said:
A smoker or a bread/pizza oven :-D

I'd love a smoker, but I don't know if I have space for that. Maybe I could build one in the shed with an exhaust to outside. The shed's kinda unused so I could use up a corner there.

nmlarson said:
My first thought was build a pad for a chair, or, build a bench where you could sit to admire your handiwork. 

Or a garden bar to serve adult beverages.  I suppose it depends on how many you have.

attachicon.gif
garden bar.jpg

That's pretty cool! I don't really drink though, haha. Maybe I can make a cool bench.

Berzerker said:
a keyhole firepit could be nice too , you could cook over ashes/coal, dry some jerky or use a dutch oven ..or just enjoy a nice fire in the evening hehe ;-D

Wow, that's awesome! I certainly don't have space for one that big, but a smaller fire pit could be cool for sure.

hogleg said:
Build an Aztec sacrificing alter.

Then cut out the placenta and throw the remainder down the alter stairs and shout praises to the pepper daemons.

Forget all the other ideas. This is the one. You don't have any blueprints for that do you?

Berzerker said:
yeah meat ( or pepper)  smoker tend to be bulky but here is an exemple of a *small* one made of bricks..its about 2x2x5.5 ..i know space is always a big problem im limited too in what i can build hehe    ;)
That's actually a pretty handleable size! I might try my hand at one of those. I wonder how to make the doors etcetera though..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn PRA-LX1 met Tapatalk

b3rnd this one look a bit fancy with the forged iron doors ect but you can make doors with pretty much anything ..wood etc ...and you can put the grids between a row of bricks ect ...i have an idea i will try to find  a picture this evening for you 

The Hot Pepper said:

That's a pretty affordable smoker, thanks!

Berzerker said:
b3rnd this one look a bit fancy with the forged iron doors ect but you can make doors with pretty much anything ..wood etc ...and you can put the grids between a row of bricks ect ...i have an idea i will try to find  a picture this evening for you 

Thanks buddy! I look forward to it.

Berzerker said:
a keyhole firepit could be nice too , you could cook over ashes/coal, dry some jerky or use a dutch oven ..or just enjoy a nice fire in the evening hehe ;-D
Is this yours? This is a wonderful beautiful creation! I love this site for ideas! Only thing I could think about the cheap metal smoker is that bricks would be a welcome addition as I have seen them out in the elements and they do not fare well!
Let's see them brick raised bed pics!!

Regards,
-Tristan

Back