• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Apr 23] What are you working on this week?

Potting up a ton of plants and hopefully selling some. Also gonna do a couple more sauce reviews. Got a new webcam so hopefully the audio/video quality is a little better than what I already have. Haven't tried it out yet.

Very cool! I noticed it looked a tad lo-fi.

The Hot Pepper said:
Very cool! I noticed it looked a tad lo-fi.
It's hit and miss. I have to turn ALL the lights on around me otherwise it gets grainy like it's trying to pull light and sometimes audio cuts out and gets choppy. Like sometimes when I say "vinegar" it cuts out and ends up sounding like a racial slur.. Not good lol

Adding another 4 x 10 x 18" raised bed and repositioning the others from an east/west location to north/south.

Worked up the beds today breaking down the legumes I put in last fall to enrich the soil with nitrogen.

Might make a run to the dirt supply and get a load of composted steer and chicken poop to mix in as well this weekend.

Next few weeks will be busy busy busy

Gave a bunch of seedling their first dose of 3-1-2 fertilizer.

Bought bricks yesterday to help level a couple small 4x4 raised beds.

Moved some sprouts into solo cups.

Trading a quart of SB MOA yellow hot sauce for some local honey and 2-3 Antep Aci Dolma seedlings....man i cant wait to get those babies in my hand. Its been a bit of a roller coaster getting these suckers. He moved quite a distanced away and the seeds came from Australia.

Still trying to locate some local maters for dad. He insists on Super Sauce but will settle for Big Mama or Gladiator and they are all Burpee plants. I could have picked up San Marzano but he wouldnt budge. I told him to get in on the free shipping from Burpee awhile back but he waited too long. Pretty much all the places stock Bonnie seedlings and they dont have what he wants.

Not many pepper seedlings yet at the stores. Just need a Mucho Nacho or 2 to be safe. Lowes and HomeDepot get them...just not in yet. Suck too because they just had a half price sale and nothing i wanted is in yet.

I still need to empty about 12 buckets/pots from last year. I cant remember if i got all the root balls out. They have all been covered since last fall so its probably a good idea to give all the soil a good mix anyway and make amendments.

Got all the pots emptied. Spread it all out good and added a little Jobes to it all. Needs a little fresh air then i will pile it up for a couple weeks if i can. The Jobes will help break down any of the old small roots i was too lazy to sift out. Added some composted leaves and a little coffee grounds to it also.

Raised beds are leveled. Just needs a couple rebar stakes and some weed barrier on the ends i propped up with the bricks.

All the window sill plants got around an hour of sun on the deck. I could have sworn the P. Dreadies said something in Patois as i brought them in. Big oop or Big up...not really sure? :D

Put the girls outside this morning for another round of hardening off.

Revived and old raised bed and turned the soil over...removed a few blackberry starts...this bed will be used for gigantic sunflowers. Last time I did them I had 12footers.

Mowed the yard while the good weather is here. 3 days of 50+* nights and 80* days.

Tomorrow is rain thru Monday and low 60's for day temps.

Lots of prep work to reoreintate the beds....tick tock tick tock.

Got my Mucho Nacho plants the other day.

Ive been taking the window sill plants out each day for a hour of full sun on the deck...no issues so far.

Its pepper stress day. The local grower/honey guy wanted to stop by today for the trade but haven't heard back from him yet.

Was waiting to post this so I wouldn't jinx myself.
:dance:
Finally have the IFTTT (if this, then that) routines sorted out so they check the local Weather Underground report, command the TP-Link smart plugs to power up the heat lamp in the outdoor mini greenhouse when outside temps drop below 60, send me a notification of what they did, then append the entry to a Google Sheets spreadsheet.  One to power off the lamp when the temps rise above 60, also.  No more guessing whether the heat came on overnight when it was needed.  One look at the spread sheet tells me if and when it happened and what the temperature was that triggered the routine, as I'm never certain how often the Weather Underground site is polled.

And.....the winning poker hand Thursday was............

:point:
Poker just when up.jpg

Eleven years of playing with this group of 10 and that hand has never been drawn by any of us.

Back