• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Papa Joe Trinidad Scorpion

Very nice, Jason! And nice to see you around the forums. I'm not really familiar with the history of that variety. Nice looking plant!

Plantguy76 said:
Thanks Adam not sure the history of it myself.
Here the pic on the tag I question if its not really a Jamaican Mushroom
20180423_213451 by Jason McKaskle, on Flickr

I got it at this local store I frequent they also had red ghost peppers form bonnie plants.
I'll be darned. It does look just like a Jamaican Mushroom. And the plant does look like an annuum. Not very Chinense-like. Those are tasty peppers, but what a bummer if they're not what you wanted.

Bhuter said:
I'll be darned. It does look just like a Jamaican Mushroom. And the plant does look like an annuum. Not very Chinense-like. Those are tasty peppers, but what a bummer if they're not what you wanted.
I have grown Jamaican Mushroom before & yes they are tasty peppers.
So I figure a win win
This plant has a variegated strip on some of the leaves so might be crossed with something as well.

Plantguy76 said:
I have grown Jamaican Mushroom before & yes they are tasty peppers.
So I figure a win win
This plant has a variegated strip on some of the leaves so might be crossed with something as well.
How very interesting. A fish mushroom pepper. Fishroom. Lol. I'm glad you'll be ok with it if it's a mushroom.

Bhuter said:
How very interesting. A fish mushroom pepper. Fishroom. Lol. I'm glad you'll be ok with it if it's a mushroom.
Yeah got a lot of my own stuff going just growing real slow but we have had a cold start so no biggie once I get them potted up they will take off .

Plantguy76 said:
Yeah got a lot of my own stuff going just growing real slow but we have had a cold start so no biggie once I get them potted up they will take off .
I'm very interested in seeing a grow list, if you have one. Mine are also slow, but it's warming up and they're picking up.

I'm very interested in seeing a grow list, if you have one. Mine are also slow, but it's warming up and they're picking up.
Zapotec Jalapeno
Jimmy Nardello
Safi SB-Red
WHP SB-Yellow
Chocolate SB
Marabella SB
Fatalii X SB-Yellow ( interesting seedling/toddler short compacted plants compared to the others bonnets
Tomatoes
True Black Brandywine
Eva purple Ball
I am going to order some purple Russians for my pepper Jelly & sauce making form chilliplants.com if they are not sold out in a few days

Plantguy76 said:
Zapotec Jalapeno
Jimmy Nardello
Safi SB-Red
WHP SB-Yellow
Chocolate SB
Marabella SB
Fatalii X SB-Yellow ( interesting seedling/toddler short compacted plants compared to the others bonnets
Tomatoes
True Black Brandywine
Eva purple Ball
I am going to order some purple Russians for my pepper Jelly & sauce making form chilliplants.com if they are not sold out in a few days
Very nice list! Full of flavor and edible heat. The Fatalii x SB sounds like a good one. That's a great cooking list! Nice maters, too! I always grow a black cherry tomato and German pink.

Back