• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper you're most looking forward to trying

Whats the pepper you are growing this year that you are most looking forward to eating for the first time?  or i guess it doesnt have to be first time.

For some reason, I'm most excited about the Biquinho yellow seeds i got from Mojo.  I've read a few different peoples take and they dont seem to agree, so i'm looking forward to finding out for myself.

Ajvarski, Haskorea, Aji Charapita, Seven Pot Chocolate, Sugar Rush Peach aka all the peppers I am attempting to grow but have never tasted!

I have quite a few that Im growing for the first time, so It is hard to pick just one, but I would have to say it is between the CGN 21500, Dorset Naga, 7 pot bubble gum and the 7 pot gigantic SR Chocolate.

P. Dreadie, aji dulce, yellow brainstrain, and Shabu Shabu are the only ones I can think of at the moment. I should definitely get the ajis this year. The plant didn't produce last year and I chopped it into two plants to overwinter, which both did pretty well.

I'm on the aji charapita train as well, want to know what all the hype is about. This is my first year with a lot of peppers that you can't find at the store so I'm interested in the bahamian goat, bishops crown, and bulsa de dulce. The bahamian goat and bishops crown seem to have a lot of good reviews on here.

Mako Akokosrade. And i'm looking forward to taste-testing these several different types of Jalapeños to try and pick a favorite.

There are many varieties that I'm looking forward to growing, but there are also varieties that I'm looking forward to trying. I too am looking forward to trying a jalapeño...Biker Billy. And for hotter, every year I look forward to crunching on an SB7J. For face melting: Brown Moruga.

Ethansm said:
I'm on the aji charapita train as well, want to know what all the hype is about. This is my first year with a lot of peppers that you can't find at the store so I'm interested in the bahamian goat, bishops crown, and bulsa de dulce. The bahamian goat and
bishops crown seem to have a lot of good reviews on here.

Is there hype about the Aji Charapita?

b3rnd said:

Is there hype about the Aji Charapita?
They are delicious, but a huge PITA to harvest. I ran a contest a few years back about who could guess the amount of aji charapitas were ripe on one of my plants. TheHotPepper won the contest. I don't remember the final tally, but it was about 300 aji charapita in one picking.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
They are delicious, but a huge PITA to harvest. I ran a contest a few years back about who could guess the amount of aji charapitas were ripe on one of my plants. TheHotPepper won the contest. I don't remember the final tally, but it was about 300 aji charapita in one picking.

I know they're delicious, just never seen any hype about it. Unless they meant that bullshit article saying the peppers are worth 25k a pound or something.

And yes, they are indeed a pain in the ass to pick. Don't even think about keeping your cool if you want to save some seeds either, whew.

Thegreenchilemonster said:

Well, there goes my summer

I have several im growing but never tasted. I really want to see if the hype over the Biker Billy is "all that". I love a good hot jalapeno. The other is the Antep Aci Dolma. A large really sweet bell with solid jalapeno heat sounds interesting.

Back