• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone have experience growing Haskorea peppers?

I ordered the Haskorea seeds from rareseeds.com. They have been prolific growers. Plants are growing very fast compared to all the others i have planted. Has anyone ever grown these? How hot are they, and are they delicious? There's not much information on the web.

Look forward to any feedback!

Masher said:
Interesting back story on them. Grow them out and put up a review.

Welcome to THP :cheers:

I agree, blows my mind that these things were once grown/sold/enjoyed in a country that is now in ruins. I hope i don't screw up growing this piece of of Syria. I will surely review if all goes well!

And thanks!

Peppers from that region are really interesting. I had to try a few this year too. Yours appear to be hot but the reviews dont really say how hot. Malih Helow looks similar to those but not quite. I would imagine they are hotter than Aleppo and maybe hotter than Urfa.

I went to the greenhouse today and the Haskorea was one of the varieties that I picked up. I don't know much about it, either, but I have a plant! Lol

TYSM_Everyone said:

I agree, blows my mind that these things were once grown/sold/enjoyed in a country that is now in ruins. I hope i don't screw up growing this piece of of Syria. I will surely review if all goes well!

And thanks!
No review? Did all not go well?

Bhuter?

Since it was my first time growing I am sure I made plenty of mistakes. That being said these things grew, fasttt, and yielded a good amount. The heat was great for me, probably between jalapeno and cayenne. They made a couple great sauces. I ate a few right off the bush and they were pretty good. I would recommend.

Rockandrollin said:
No review? Did all not go well?

Bhuter?
Since it was my first time growing I am sure I made plenty of mistakes. That being said these things grew, fasttt, and yielded a good amount. The heat was great for me, probably between jalapeno and cayenne. They made a couple great sauces. I ate a few right off the bush and they were pretty good. I would recommend.

Any tips on starting from seeds? I just planted 3 seeds using Peters water bottle technique. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try the paper towel and sandwich bag technique.
I received my seeds from Bhuter [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Any tips on starting from seeds? I just planted 3 seeds using Peters water bottle technique. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try the paper towel and sandwich bag technique.
I received my seeds from Bhuter [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol TBH when I started i didn't know what i was doing and just planted them. Kept the soil moist and got a pretty good turnout. With some of the other seeds I started later i used the paper towel/sandwich bag which worked as well.

Back