• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2018 cone9 " 'bout time glog time"

Here's the grow list for 2018

I may add a couple yet as I have a few plants left among those I grew to give to others that are not on my grow list.   Not so sure where I'll put all of these!

Aji Oro

Mini Red Rocoto
Yellow Rocoto not mine
Yellow Rocoto - Zackor
Ecudorian Sweet Rocoto
Rocoto Canario 
Red Manzano
Peruvian Red Rocoto

Cream Fatalii
Sugar Rush Orange
Aji Rosita Red

Aji Jobito
Aji Margariteno

P Dreadie Scotch Bonnet
7 Pot Pink
White Fatalii - GIP

White Bhut Jolokia - GIP
Pimenta de Neyda x Bhut Jolokia - GIP
Aji Omnicolor

Tepin x Lemon Drop F5
Lemon Drop (D Green)
White Lightning Bolt
Aji Chirel
Brazilian Starfish 
Ethiopian Brown
Aji Amarillo
CGN 21500

Aji Marlene
Rain Forrest
Aji Arnoucho
Fresno
Miraflores Market pepper
St Lucia Red
Pimenta Barra do Ribeiro

Bhuter said:
Nice list! Lots of pubes. I liked the way the Aji Oro grew compared to other pubes, so I may grow that next year again. 7 Pot Pink will be added as well. Good luck with your season!
Very nice list, I have two 7 pot pink plants and one of them is super weird. I've been tempted to get rid of it, but it keeps growing with these super weird leaves so I guess I'm keeping it

KIMG1466.JPG

Sorry for the hijack, thought it might be relevant if that's something 7 pot pink does... Idk lol

Bhuter said:
Nice list! Lots of pubes. I liked the way the Aji Oro grew compared to other pubes, so I may grow that next year again. 7 Pot Pink will be added as well. Good luck with your season!

I grew the same one yellow pubescens variety in two seasons.  Combined over those two seasons, I got a grand total of three delicious peppers.  I grew in full sun and partial sun and was, understandably, disappointed with the yield. In most cases, I suppose I would just accept that pepper is not for me and move on.  However, those three pods were so good I am determined to find one or more C. pubescens variety that will produce for me.

And so the push this year with these first eight pubescens.

I have grown a white 7 Pot several times and love the clean, bright flavor.  It has been a great sauce pepper for me.  This year, I am hoping to find similar  pepper in the 7 Pot Pink.

Devv said:
I second the nice list remark.
This statement sounds goofy to non-pepperheads, but - Isn't it a thrill each year as we put together our grow list and choose from all those enticing varieties we could grow?

The Pubes should do really well up your way. I certainly hope to find a variety(ies) that do so for me!!!
And dang it they are fantastic eating ;)  Yes... yes indeed, and so goes the motivation for me.

And pull those milk jugs from the recycle bin and use them to water your plants :rolleyes:
They should do.  In NE Ohio we don't need those monster milk jugs you Texan's toss about.

DontPanic said:
I see a couple of varieties from referred to in the Lindberg Seed Grow.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59565-community-lindberg-seed-grow/

Aji Jobito
Aji Margariteno
Aji Chirel
Aji Rosita Red (maybe?)

How have these varieties been going for you?

I ran across that Lindberg thread, and have become interested in how these varieties are going North of Venezuala.

I grew the Aji Jobito, Aji Margariteno, Aji Rosita Red last year and they did very well.  All are very tasty, productive, no heat peppers.

I am growing all four this year.

If you are interested in seeds, get back to me toward the end of the season and I will be sure to save you some.

Walchit said:
Very nice list, I have two 7 pot pink plants and one of them is super weird. I've been tempted to get rid of it, but it keeps growing with these super weird leaves so I guess I'm keeping it

attachicon.gif
KIMG1466.JPG

Sorry for the hijack, thought it might be relevant if that's something 7 pot pink does... Idk lol
Here's my 7 Pot Pink.  It seems healthy although it does have a few funky spots on some of the leaves.

P Dreadie Scotch Bonnett

uEfkr7k.jpg

This is Tepin x Lemon Drop

...and her first progeny

much larger than last year

but same taste and heat level

Pimenta de Neyda x Bhut Jolokia

And I am pleased to see some of my C. pubes are setting fruit.  Most are small, so I wonder if they will mature,
Aji Oro

and
Mini Red Rocoto

Aji Marlene also has a couple larger peppers, but I don't have a pic for now.

I ate this delicious Brazilian Starfish (not?) this morning.  Same great BzS taste and low heat but so huge and a not quite Brazilian Starfish shape!
I wonder if it is a cross...

...but so good I'll be growing from these seeds again!

These are so much larger than my past Brazilian Starfish peppers as are the Tepin x Lemon Drop.  I have been growing the TxLD since smileyguy697 sent me his F1 peppers.  These are now F2 F6 (I can't type for shit.  How do you hit the "2" when you're aiming for the "6"?) and I have selected for the largest peppers from which to save seed, but this year is a big jump.

I have never been one to brag about size, but...many of my peppers are quite large this year compared to the same varieties in past grows.

Aji Jobito...or maybe not.  

If you know this pepper, you know it is yellow.  And heatless.   This is neither.  Damn.  The real ones are delicious.  I was looking forward to them again.
I grew Aji Jobito from Lindberg's seed last year and had it right.  Guess I will need to go back to his original seed next season and isolate a few flowers'

bpiela said:
How are those WLB's doing?  Looking forward to see your F2's.

Here is the first WLB to ripen pictured beside a Fresno and White Fatalii.  Funky shapes developing like last year.  The heat and taste was like the ones I grew last season, color a little darker (although this pic shows darker than these peppers really were).   I really like those F1s.  I hope to retain most of that flavor.

These are Aji Rosita Red.  They are one of the peppers that came up from Venezuela via Lindberg.
They are a prolific, heatless(or very low heat) pepper with a wonderful vegetable(not sweet) taste.

I love the way some pepper varieties ripen from top to bottom with a multitude of colors all at once.

looks like it's time to sweep the garden carpet!

The garden is looking great Dave!

Congrats on the production. I put the Aji Rosita Red on my list for next season ;)

Back