• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Apr 30] What are you working on this week?

One can never have enough seeds, so tomatillos and heirloom tomatoes I bought and started a couple weeks ago are being transplanted.  Started basil, lettuces and other salad greens, along with the annual flowers and the runner beans for the garden fences.  The forecast for the next 7 days actually has sun and warm days, so some discing may get done and planting may happen in the community garden plots this weekend!  That's what happens when you live at the edge of the woods.  Too much shale and rock, too many critters and not enough sun for a real garden.  I hate being at the mercy of others when getting the planting done, but they're at the mercy of Mother Nature, who has really been off her game this spring.  

:dance: 
And, the ruby-throated hummingbirds showed up today so, before anything else gets done, I need to pull the rest of the feeders out of storage, clean, sterilize and fill them and get them up.  Spring is REALLY is here!  The redbuds are pushing their blooms, the lilacs are beginning to leaf, the crabapple is beginning to show some color and the dogwoods will be in full bloom within the week. 

My reef sprang a leak four weeks ago.  New tank is set up and awaiting new live rock - hopefully coming on Wednesday.

Getting ready for the USMS spring national champs in Indy. Will be swimming May 11, 12 and 13. Can't wait to see how my races turn out, as my times have dropped pretty drastically in the past couple of months. Also can't wait to meet back up with swimming and running friends from other cities/states. I ran in my first track meet of the season this weekend and am off to a very good start. This is a qualifying year for the National Senior Games, so I am getting ready for those track and swim meets, as well. 

Trying to start another pineapple plant, hoping it pulls through. I suspect it will, as the first looked pretty bad before it took off, but we'll see. Also trying to make sure I don't accidentally kill off my new chile and eggplant plants. Something about work and sports taking up too much time... Potting into final containers will happen either next week or after I return from Indy. 

dragonsfire said:
Pics, Pics, Pics!! love salt water tanks, wish I could afford one.
 These are when my reef was in it's prime (and I took good care of it)
T7ni7d9.jpg

1EFKsdo.jpg

41stMrs.jpg

This is where I am now.  I have my livestock and old live rock stored in a smaller tank in the basement until this is ready.
kgDP9RA.jpg

ZtWaxdj.jpg

cone9 said:
 These are when my reef was in it's prime (and I took good care of it)
T7ni7d9.jpg

1EFKsdo.jpg

41stMrs.jpg

This is where I am now.  I have my livestock and old live rock stored in a smaller tank in the basement until this is ready.
kgDP9RA.jpg

ZtWaxdj.jpg
I used to have reef tanks but switched over to freshwater planted when I was working 16hr days and my tank crashed. Fw much more forgiving.

Used to have a 75gal macro tank with pipefish seahorses ect.

Heres a pic I grabbed from reef2reef it grew in quite a bit more

Attachments

• 8CF3CDD0-4FAB-4066-A481-15D1A9B24BB8.jpeg
    8CF3CDD0-4FAB-4066-A481-15D1A9B24BB8.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 88
Whoo Hoo!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
The Community Gardens are finally open today and I get to play in the dirt this weekend!  Time to play catch up in the garden.

Back