• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A bit late - NEVER give up!

Greetings, hottie totties. Earlier this year I posted about my most productive Reaper plant not making it through the winter.  This would be "her" third year and I couldn't uproot 'er,  Way down deep south, growing season can be very long and start very early.  Not giving up - i treated the the dead reaper as an alive reaper.  Pictures to follow:

DeadLim bs.jpg

She was dead - limbs removed

sprout0.jpg

Adjacent.jpg

Tabasco right along side:
f
sprout.jpg

2 months later - while never, ever wanting to give up - she produces a sprout.  I researched much - I stayed in the game because the roots always looked good.

We are still at critical stage; however, I won't give up and I don't believe she will either.  I will post as we go. Forgive me, I forgot to present the comparison pics.

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 71
  • CompGrowth.jpg
    CompGrowth.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 65
Ghostpepperevolution said:
Thats awesome, sometimes you have to go with your instincts. Im Deep South too (SE FL) so winter is non existent, hoping to never have any pepper deaths lol

Yes, indeed - 2 hurricanes and 1000s of miles travel and it's survived.  I was a bit disappointed as this plant produced hundreds of reapers in it's 2 years. Enough for my friends and to begin experimenting with the peppers on a topical muscle/joint pain reliever. 
;)

Nice, I may have to try once my reaper fruits on the wifes back lol . They are tough plants, Im betting she will bounce back with a nice fat harvest. Do you know what affected your plant?

No bro, I don't know what it was.  Mid-winter had sprouts all over and the few cold days we had I had it covered.  Making it odd is the tabassco.  I treated both plants the same. Maybe I cut it back too far?  It's growing slower than a seedling would grow.  But you are right - around Sept I should have a nice harvest.

BTW - waterboy one of my favorites lol

Ah makes sense, did you ever dig out the roots to see if some larvae bastard was feeding? I had a nice clone going then bam it died, as I was checking the roots I saw a few larvae had been eating away the roots killing it. Lol it was my favorite in high school and my nickname.
H2O, Gatorade,H2O, Gatorade, water sucks it really really sucks

My Momma says!  I need to see it again - I don't get enough laughter.  I did check the roots and looked good, smelled okay and lastly - I cut back until I saw green under the bark.; hoping above all hope and might consider that this plant may have gotten over-watered.  We had a lots of rain here in Texas.  We shall see - I will post pictures if it makes it. . .

Back