•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

Suggestions plese

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlexisConroy

AlexisConroy

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Hello all,

Hope everyone's doing good. As I've said earlier in my post about the garden or farm which I have it in my backyard. I have a fair amount of space where I am growing bell pepper and chili pepper. I am also supplying a fair amount of chilies to a nearby small restaurant.

So, I am here to get some suggestions on two things:

One is that I am planning to start my own business. I am planning to make chili sauces. I want to start it as a business. So, I want to know some suggestion on how to make chili sauce, preferably in large amount.

The other thing is about the securing the garden or farm. I can see that my chilies are going missing. I count them in the night, but they are gone by the day. I don't think if any stray animal is behind this. These are chilies, not fruits...

I already have a fence around the garden. As a solution to this, I was planning on installing a smart home security system from nearby.

I want to know if any of you here had to go through a similar situation.

Also, if you have any better ideas other than the security system, please let me know. I want to catch the one who is behind my chilies.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Chili

Chili

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Pitfalls, crocodiles, electric fences etc... or just a standard game camera that snaps a photo. Should be enough to at least identify the thief so you can plan your next move.

#3 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 44,185 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Looks like link spam to me, could be legit. Please ask the sauce question the The Food Biz section.

#4 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Also, if you have any better ideas other than the security system, please let me know. I want to catch the one who is behind my chilies.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

Nah, forget the security system. An alarm will just scare them off. If you want to catch the scumbag, just dig holes all around your garden and fill them with punji sticks. Then watch to see which of your neighbors is suddenly walking with a limp. Bam, busted!  :)

#5 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

I use those sensor lights from costco, scares them off, their bright, two legged parasites only, animals dont care about the light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests