• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Raised bumps on the leaves, am I doomed?

Hi All,

I have about 35 peppers that have been growing for approximately 1 month. I have been watering them sparingly, only when they look like they are about to/wilting. They are under LEDs, and a grow light from amazon that has blue/red lights. I hardened off some of them in preparation to plant outside, but then tornado force winds came through followed by a weeks long forecast of rain.

Anyways, 3 plants showed the symptoms of the attached picture. Raised bumps that are a permanent part of the leaf texture. Underneath the leaf, along the leafs veins, it almost looks like a build up of sugar or salt. This symptom has since started to appear on other plants.

I have been using the dyna-gro foliage pro. Some people have mentioned that this could be edema. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• bumpy leaf haskorea.jpg
    bumpy leaf haskorea.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 73
has to be edema.  i had the same thing happen to me under the amazon LEDS.  did you buy the 1x1 ft square ones?  

it looks like sugar or salt on the underneath.  everone said to me its edema.  

if you have them completely covered i took my opening cover off and it helped a ton.  you wont save the old leaves, but new growth will be fine. 

Edit:  see my post below 

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/67968-what-is-this-crystal-stuff/

Back