• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What is this black spot ?

I woke up this morning and found one of my peppers covered with black/brown spots,they feel soft and is it possible that it's occurred because of the high heat and a lot of strong sun most of the day ?

Attachments

• 33574380_10214708217686420_4491588373370109952_n.jpg
    33574380_10214708217686420_4491588373370109952_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 33597101_10214708217406413_8773214341307564032_n.jpg
    33597101_10214708217406413_8773214341307564032_n.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 60
Post some pics on the new top growth, if they are mis shapen and a little curly then is a calcium deficiency. It usually only effects the new growth.

That's Blossom End Rot.
Have you recently had a lot of rain, or did you maybe miss a watering?  If no to both, what are you feeding your plants?

I used the bio roots and the bio grow from the beginning and a month after growth I stopped with the bio roots and since the flowers began to bloom I started to add the bio bloom fert, I use this with no particular reason the guy at the store suggested this brand if you can suggest me any better I will be happy to hear because the hot season is starting where I live and my plants began to suffer from the high heat and dryness and if they were healthyer they will handle the harsh conditions better (I hope at least)

Yes, I'm not a fan of multi-part, pot grower's ferts.  We don't need to switch for veg and bloom with peppers.  Hydro shops are great at convincing us that we do, because it's how they make money.  Fertilizers are a bit like cars...  If we had just one, that had been perfected over time, through understanding and improvement, a whole lot of companies would go out of business.
Honestly, as easy as peppers are to grow, if you were just to use a balanced granular slow-release, you'd do just fine.  If you like liquid ferts, I will always recommend either DyanGro Foliage Pro, or CNS17 Grow.  Both are 3-1-2, and both have calcium built in to a one-part fertilizer.  Use it through the whole grow.  You may not be able to find those there, but if you can, highly recommend either.
I've never been a fan of that bio-jizz stuff.  It's expensive!

Chilidude said:
Biobizz fertilizers works good for chili growing, nothing wrong in that regard.

Yes, almost all do - but at what cost?  As I mentioned, it's way expensive.  We could get it down to 1 part or granular, and we'd get the same results for a beginning grower, at a much lower cost.  Less variables, less thinking/doing, more growing.
All fertilizers work, to some degree.  I'm just trying to help someone not get duped by the multi-part pseudo-science, and get on their way to enjoying the fruits of their labors. :)

AdiBooker said:
 the hot season is starting where I live and my plants began to suffer from the high heat and dryness and if they were healthyer they will handle the harsh conditions better (I hope at least)

Make sure that your containers are well insulated, to keep the roots cool.  Mulch the top surface of the potting mix.  Use shade cloth to shade the plants, if necessary.

Back