So I have about 200 plants this year, about the same as last year. Here's the breakdown:
Pepper Quantity Yellow 7 Pot 80 MOA Scotch Bonnet 39 White 7 Pot 9 Carolina Reaper 4 Yellow Devils Tongue 5 Moruga Scorpion 3 Tobago Seasoning Pepper 8 Red Bhut 24 Yellow Fatali 19 Yellow Bhut 2 Indian Carbon Bhut 1 Yellow TS Moruga 2 7 Pot Jonah 2 Choc Scotch Bonnet 1 Red Fatali 5
I started them on 3/12, then started a bunch more two weeks later to replace the ones that didn't sprout, so 40 or so of them are a bit behind the others. After a couple of weeks of moving them around the yard to harden off, I got them in the ground last weekend, 5/20. About a week later than last year, and about two weeks later than I really could have, given the better weather we've had this year. These plants will all be used for my sauce.
The story so far:
3/12. The bionic seed starter rack returns, now with an extra level.
Closeup, those are the curry trees on the left.
3/22. We have liftoff!
4/8. Aren't they adorable?
4/13 The two trays on the upper right are the ones I replanted on 3/30.
4/27 32 very snug Yellow 7 Pots.
5/11 The day I moved them outside to harden off.
5/13 A very healthy looking Yellow 7 Pot. They started growing much faster once I got them outside.
5/20 Plant out day!
5/25 Today. This is site #2, 24 Ghosts in this spot.
Site #3, which is about 100 feet away from site #2. 19 Yellow Fatalis, 3 Yellow TS Morugas, and 3 7 Pot Jonahs.
The big spot, 152 plants here total, all of the following: Yellow 7 Pots, MOAs, Reapers, Yellow Devil's Tongues, Moruga Scorpions, Tobagos.
The two big curry trees doing well.
The baby curry trees, looking pretty scraggly. I'm hoping recover and wind up producing a ton of leaves for me.
That's all for now folks! I'll keep this updated as the season progresses.
Here's a link to my 2017 grow log for those interested: